Salon names - help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccascottx

Reaction score
Hi geeks! :D
I'm opening my own salon in the middle of January.
I have everything, all of my equipment, stock etc and have placed an order with Decleor, CND and He Shi.
I literally have pretty much everything sorted, I've decided on Colour Schemes, Treatment menus, everything! Everything but a name.
The style that I'm going for in the salon is light pinks, creams, whites and silvers! Really girly, shabby chic glam style! Using all vintage style furniture.
I'm thinking of having "______ Beauty Parlour" as the name, but don't know what to put as the _____ !
I don't want anything like 'butterfly' or 'shimmer' or anything like that, I want something unique and something that people will remember!
I thought of 'Glambition Beauty Parlour', and quite liked it, but a few peers who I've ran it by have said they didn't like it!

Can anyone help me? :cry::cry::cry:

Sometimes you have to think about how people search on the Internet, if it starts with an a you are more likely to be at the top of a page or on the net having your location in the title can help people find you

I think something that connotated old Hollywood glamour who be great with the stlye you are going for, something subtle that would resonate nonetheless.

Maybe Bel Aire beauty parlor.

Icon Beauty Parlor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks! :D

I'm opening my own salon in the middle of January.

I have everything, all of my equipment, stock etc and have placed an order with Decleor, CND and He Shi.

I literally have pretty much everything sorted, I've decided on Colour Schemes, Treatment menus, everything! Everything but a name.

The style that I'm going for in the salon is light pinks, creams, whites and silvers! Really girly, shabby chic glam style! Using all vintage style furniture.

I'm thinking of having "______ Beauty Parlour" as the name, but don't know what to put as the _____ !

I don't want anything like 'butterfly' or 'shimmer' or anything like that, I want something unique and something that people will remember!

I thought of 'Glambition Beauty Parlour', and quite liked it, but a few peers who I've ran it by have said they didn't like it!

Can anyone help me? :cry::cry::cry:

I don't really think that 'Glambition' fits the description of your salon.

I'd try and think of words that fit with your theme- vintage / glamour / pretty. Off the top of my head-

Powdered
Powder Room
Blush
Pout
Beauty Spot

I don't really think that 'Glambition' fits the description of your salon.

I'd try and think of words that fit with your theme- vintage / glamour / pretty. Off the top of my head-

Powdered
Powder Room
Blush
Pout
Beauty Spot

I really liked Beauty Spot and Powder Room but there's already salons in the area with that name 😔

Sometimes you have to think about how people search on the Internet, if it starts with an a you are more likely to be at the top of a page or on the net having your location in the title can help people find you

Starting with an a doesn't have any effect on your Web page ranking and I don't know anyone who uses yellow pages hard copy any more.

I don't like glambition. It's too hard to write with predictive text lol.

Don't forget to check Web page availability and with the ipo for trademark.

I'm not a fan of 'clever' names or made up words. I think it needs to be clear it's beauty and even if you're not doing a website yet, you need the name.

I'd get a thesaurus and look at the words you want to be known for.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Going from Cholo's response, how about;

Blushing Beauty Boutique
Vintage Pout Parlour
Vintage Glam Boutique
Pout Pretty Parlour
Blushes Boutique
The Shabby Chic Boutique

Some of the suggestions above don't necessarily scream beauty salon but they are different and give a subtle hint of what they could be. X

i've opted for 'Plush Beauty Rooms' I think - thoughts?

Hi. Plush makes me think of both kids toys. Or pink and fluffy.

I know naming a business is literally THE hardest thing ever.

Don't ask too many people's opinion. But ask enough. And a variety of ages/genders etc.

I wanted to call my salon Grace and Glamour. But many people said it made them think of prostitutes! And that had NEVER occurred to me.

Going from Cholo's response, how about;

Blushing Beauty Boutique
Vintage Pout Parlour
Vintage Glam Boutique
Pout Pretty Parlour
Blushes Boutique
The Shabby Chic Boutique

Some of the suggestions above don't necessarily scream beauty salon but they are different and give a subtle hint of what they could be. X

Pout Pretty sounds fab to me. I think the parlour is too much imho

I think it's really hard to come up with a business name.

Because it's a new thing to you, I think no matter what you say/suggest it'll look/sound not quite right.

Have courage to pick one and let it ride, a week down the line it'll sound like you've had it for years.

No Glambition...sounds kind of cheesy....I like girly & or short & classic like:
Glimmer
Savvy Chic
Shabby Chic
Sheen
Shine
Powder Puff
Gleam
Easy to spell & find as known, universal word vocabulary in English
Good Luck name musing!
How about Fame like the movie?

Last edited:
I like the Beauty Rooms part, what about keeping it simple as 'The Beauty Rooms'? Or something like 'Blush Beauty Rooms', 'Glow Beauty Rooms'

I'm in need of some help too, I'm rubbish at this. ATM I'm called "nails in colour and it's also the first three letters of my name "Nic" this has been my name for about 3 years. When I first began I only intended to do nails, I. Ow do lots of other treatments and in the process of buying a shop so it's a good time to change names. I don't want treatment specific. The shop is small so I thought "boutique " would be nice and I'm also going for the shabby chic look.

Anyone able to give suggestions? Pretty please,

I think just 'beauty parlour' sounds lovely x

I've got a shabby chic look and its just called Beauty Boutique. Works well x

Beauty in colour

Have you used the search facility. There's 100s of name ideas

Not keen on the word 'parlour' personally - it sounds old fashioned to me. My mum would say that and she's in her eighties.
I like the '....Beauty Rooms' suggestion best but don't use your name because if you want to sell on in the future the next owner will have to change it - faff & loses 'goodwill' value of the business.
just my opinion though!! :)

Latest posts

Back