Salon renters - do you leave your kit there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
I'm starting at a salon renting space tomorrow & this is my first time renting, I'll be doing 5 days a week Tue-Sat, & am wondering, do I leave all my kit in the salon everynight ?

The area isn't particularly great & not sure I fancy leaving all my Gelish colours & 18G lamp on display, but don't fancy unpacking it every morning.

What do the fellow full time renters do with your kit ??

I would only leave my stuff there if there was somewhere I could lock them away on the premises. I only rent on Saturdays for the time being while I slowly make the move from mobile to salon based so I need my kit for the rest of the week but I wouldn't leave my stuff on display when I'm not there.

Yes, I leave all mine, including all retail, its all on display where people can see it from the window.
Do you mean 18g lamp as in £18,000?
I leave my scissors, dryers, flat irons, product, retail over night and weekends. There's about £4000 sat in there at any one time from myself alone. Make sure your insured for theft. Xoxo

Thanks all for the replies .... yeah, sorry i meant my 18G Gelish lamp not 18k !!

Will see if there's a lockable room where i can wheel all my expensive kit in there ... i know the polishes don't seem much but at £24 a pop it's a lot of moneys worth of kit plus the lamp.
Failing that, will just have to take my trolley & pack the stuff in & out every day.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the replies .... yeah, sorry i meant my 18G Gelish lamp not 18k !!

Will see if there's a lockable room where i can wheel all my expensive kit in there ... i know the polishes don's seem much but at £24 a pop it's a lot of moneys worth of kit plus the lamp.
Failing that, will just have to take my trolley & pack the stuff in & out every day.

How about a filing cabinet? Most have locks xoxo

How about a filing cabinet? Most have locks xoxo

Oooooooh Good Idea .... will see what the salon has in lockable spaces & then see if i need to get anything.

I know in hindsight that it's something i should have asked about before agreeing to start but it's my first salon self employed job, so have most things/questions covered.

Thanks again :)

Oooooooh Good Idea .... will see what the salon has in lockable spaces & then see if i need to get anything.

I know in hindsight that it's something i should have asked about before agreeing to start but it's my first salon self employed job, so have most things/questions covered.

Thanks again :)

If you need to supply a table for nails or can change the one they have, then get one with a lockable cupboard or deep drawers (my partners dad has a beautiful desk with really deep filing drawers that are lockable that would be a great nails table. Also has a hole for cables)
You can buy 4 way extension cables cheap, they can be fitted inside the drawer section, get a desk cable management hole (they are around £1.50 on eBay, boar a hole and you can have your lamp plugged in where the blogs aren't visible. Would look professional and would be harder for a theif) xoxo

I would also contact your insurance company to see what they recommend as they may state that you will only be insured if you take it home or if it's lock away out of sight etc

Latest posts

Back