Salon signage - any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissvee

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are coming to the end of our first successful year of trading :biggrin: and as a little treat we are going to put up new signage.

We have previously made our own signage for the doorway which has served its purpose & we now have enough money in the pot for new signage yayy!!

Slight problem---- we are a salon on the first & second floor on the end of a long line of buildings and only have a doorway as opposed to a shop front. We are able to put a sign up on the left hand side of the doorway but not the right as it is all glass & belongs to the shop down stairs. There is also a huge leafy tree at the end of the building.

There is a sign bracket above the door which will definitely have a new sign.

Has anyone got any ideas on signage for this type of shop? I'll be very grateful for any feedback. Thanks very much in advance

Hi All,

We are coming to the end of our first successful year of trading :biggrin: and as a little treat we are going to put up new signage.

We have previously made our own signage for the doorway which has served its purpose & we now have enough money in the pot for new signage yayy!!

Slight problem---- we are a salon on the first & second floor on the end of a long line of buildings and only have a doorway as opposed to a shop front. We are able to put a sign up on the left hand side of the doorway but not the right as it is all glass & belongs to the shop down stairs. There is also a huge leafy tree at the end of the building.

There is a sign bracket above the door which will definitely have a new sign.

Has anyone got any ideas on signage for this type of shop? I'll be very grateful for any feedback. Thanks very much in advance

My advice would be to contact your local sign companies and get their advice and quotes. This is what they do day in and day out so might come up with something you haven't thought of x

Last edited:
As a sign company as well as a printers I would recommend either 5mm foamex board or Aluminium DiBond. The second option being the most popular. Full descriptions of these materials can be found on our website.

If need any other help feel free to send pictures of where bits are going. Also I would say unless going for a very expensive sign (lightbox, metal tray, LED lights or 2D/3D custom cut stand off letters) I would say it works our so much cheaper to put them up yourself. You can get a aluminium dibond panel printed for very cheap then just get a handy man to put it up with a couple of screws.

All I would add to Mr. P's advice, is don't go cheap. Nothing worse than a crappy sign, this is your business, make it stand out, and it'll work for you by attracting customers in.

Foamex can warp, diabond is best.

I personally like trays (think shoe box lid shape)

All I would add to Mr. P's advice, is don't go cheap. Nothing worse than a crappy sign, this is your business, make it stand out, and it'll work for you by attracting customers in.

Foamex can warp, diabond is best.

I personally like trays (think shoe box lid shape)

Dibond Trays are a fave of mine. With dibond custom cut standoff letters :) (it's sad when you have a favourite style of sign! lol) To the OP is this is something you wanted best to get a local sign company to do this though. Fairly labour intensive. Any normal dibond sign most wide format printers can do.

Dibond Trays are a fave of mine. With dibond custom cut standoff letters :) (it's sad when you have a favourite style of sign! lol) To the OP is this is something you wanted best to get a local sign company to do this though. Fairly labour intensive. Any normal dibond sign most wide format printers can do.

I have an Epson 9800, will this be any good, as not weatherproof?

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I have an Epson 9800, will this be any good, as not weatherproof?

Surprised you have one of those! We had a similar Canon. Why have you got it? Out of interest.

That machine uses water based inks so you are right as in it's not waterproof. Also it won't take rigid material. You would need a solvent flat bed machine. The only thing you can do with that is make indoor posters.

Surprised you have one of those! We had a similar Canon. Why have you got it? Out of interest.

That machine uses water based inks so you are right as in it's not waterproof. Also it won't take rigid material. You would need a solvent flat bed machine. The only thing you can do with that is make indoor posters.

Fine art prints and canvases mainly, for my photography. It prints on matte poster board and coated aluminium too, which can be really stunning. Also had and sold the 7600 and 4800 too!

Latest posts

Back