Salon Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edmond22

Reaction score
Not massive on forums although you guys have managed to get me a long way so far and probably didnt even know it. I started on the merry road to opening up a hair salon and beauticians in July and after several set backs I`m almost there. None of this would have been possible Without the help of the posts and forums on here and for that I thanks you.

I`m now opening in a couple of weeks and have hit the mindfield of Salon Software/hardware. I have read the posts on here and they do seem to become a wash with software companies posting there wares. No problem with that but I would find it helpful to find out what you guys think?

So far I have spoken to/looked at:

- Shortcuts
- Isalon
- Unisalon
- Salon Tracker
- Salon Software

Some expensive some not so expensive all seem to have similar functionality and UX is varied but whats your honest thoughts on any of these and others that you may have used or purchased. I`m looking for a decent allrounder (software and hardware) that won`t break the bank although happy to pay for quality. I look forward to your responses.

Hi,

Out of interest, is there any reason you haven't spoken to us (Premier Software)? I'd have thought our Premier Style product would probably be the best fit for yourself, given the other systems you've mentioned.

Ian No reason at all I was just looking for some general feedback from the forum although don't appear to have received any. I had thought you and SalonSoftware were one in the same and apologies if this is not correct. I logged into salon lite last night and set up an account which I'm asking my Salon manager to look at as my assumption is the usability ( look and feel) should be similar to the rest of your product range. As I said hardware is also a requirement. I would be interested in looking at your recommendation if you can pm me any details of your company and product range I will take a look.

Hi, have you had demonstrations or trials from the software suppliers to compare the usability of them? This might be a good place to whittle the firms down and then the end decision may come down to budget and value for money.

StudioTracker salon software (Studio Tracker > salon software) offers a free demonstration and trial along with numerous software and hardware packages, flexible payment terms are also available.

Any questions please ask.

I use Salonlite (free Internet based software from PremierIan up there)

Perfect for my needs easily managed from anywhere and completely free. Text message reminders are great and at 1p a text is brilliant!

I had a quote for their software and was really surprised, I was expecting a lot more.

I used unisalon before (I think, this is the really cheap one I bought the cd off the net somewhere) it was shockingly bad, with spelling mistakes everywhere. I went to pen and paper straight away lol

Good luck with your research it's a minefield and the cost of some of the software is ridiculous.

X

@salontracker I agree the logical approach although I open in two weeks therefore thought I would cut a few corners and whittle down to a final few using the Geeks almighty knowledge. As you can see Unisalon is now off the list. So we could argue that from one review I should not be swayed unisalon may have released a new version and employed a better copywriter however time is off the essence so One down several to go. I will however have a look at your site.

@ Jemima26 many thanks for the feedback I think Ian is correct I may require a little more than the lite version although was impressed with what i saw and as Salon Tracker says it will come down to budget 'shortcuts' was astronomical it may be awesome but I would need it to cut hair for the costs I was looking at. x

Salon iris is great. Does a lot and some of those more expensive don't do half as much. You can download a free trial on their website

We use Salonium and I would be lost without it. Customers can book online with a deposit, each of my girls has a long in to manage their column; the customers get a txt reminder....it's amazing!

The service is fab too, if there's anything I need from the customer database (eg. Birthdays next month) I just email and they send it straight over!

Fab xx

@IBUK Ill take a look

@LS (Loving the surname my daughters name is Summer) I think I would have issues asking someone to look at my data but I will take a peek

We use Platinum Software. Its a very reasonable price, does all you need it to do and free support. They also have a free 60 day trial of the full system. a definite plus to try before you buy.

Used them for years now and still love the system, a great company.

Latest posts

Back