Sam Biddle nail art pen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
watching the 2 vidios I nots your angle and her angle are different , she seems to be holding it at a 10 minutes past angle looks like your holding it at 20 - 25 minutes past
(im not sure that makes sence lol think of a clock ....

secondly it seems like she is always dragging it backwards and not forwards at 37 seconds in your video you try to make a loop and the ink stops right as you turn it ...

when shes doing curls and loops it looks like she is still dragging the pen back and changing the angle of her hand instead of the pen ,

I had one of these pens , didn't get the chance to try it though as I moved house and lost it! duh !
I will have to order another lol

i cant wait to get mine

I can't remember where I read it or saw it but I'm sure the paint should be the consistency of single cream; when using the nail art pen.
To me the paint you're using looks a little thick.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Your pain needs to be really thin - I have just done the 2 days in May course with Sam and the acrylic paint needs to be quite watery.
Also make sure you dip the pen in almost all the way in and then using paper gently draw backwards and forwards to bring the paint through.
x x

Thanks for the replies, the acrylic paint I'm using is the be creative paint that's recommended and also from Sam biddles website,I would say the consistency I like single cream, I think I just need to practice more to master it. :)

I bought one of these pens but i really coudn't get on with it at all. I ended up getting a very fine brush instead.

I'm gonna sell it I think as it's gathering dust :(

i am at work so unable to view your video but i have been using these pens for many years for art work. i do know they can be awkward to use so i will give you the tips i have learnt over the years and hope that they can help you.
1. the nibs are usually coated with an oily substance...this needs to be removed prior to first use but acetone or cleanse will do this.
2. ink/paint should be the consistency of thin cream...i use daler rowney acrylic inks they work fabulously well but not tried them on nails (but i could do this and report back)
3. don`t dip the pen over the hole as this will overload and result in `blobs`
4. the pen should be touched lightly to the surface (no pressure) the ink should just flow. the only analogy i can think of is using piping icing on a cake...
5. if the ink does not flow try touching the nib to the surface of a glass of water (do not immerse) this will break the surface tension and allow the ink to flow.
6. the nibs are very fine and easily blocked with pigment. wipe them after every dip in the ink/paint to keep them working smoothly

hope this helps do let us know how you get on

i am at work so unable to view your video but i have been using these pens for many years for art work. i do know they can be awkward to use so i will give you the tips i have learnt over the years and hope that they can help you.
1. the nibs are usually coated with an oily substance...this needs to be removed prior to first use but acetone or cleanse will do this.
2. ink/paint should be the consistency of thin cream...i use daler rowney acrylic inks they work fabulously well but not tried them on nails (but i could do this and report back)
3. don`t dip the pen over the hole as this will overload and result in `blobs`
4. the pen should be touched lightly to the surface (no pressure) the ink should just flow. the only analogy i can think of is using piping icing on a cake...
5. if the ink does not flow try touching the nib to the surface of a glass of water (do not immerse) this will break the surface tension and allow the ink to flow.
6. the nibs are very fine and easily blocked with pigment. wipe them after every dip in the ink/paint to keep them working smoothly

hope this helps do let us know how you get on

Thanks for this :) I'll have another play with it over the weekend and try these tips, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back