Sanitising files after greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
Hi everyone. A regular client has glued down a lift in her gelish between appointments. It wasn't airtight and she now has a little greenie. I know what to do with the nail but just wanted to check if everyone throws away files or just sanitised them. To those who do the latter please share with me your method of cleaning files post greenie.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would throw them away not sanitise them.

Each of my clients have their own files but in this case I would throw her one away and replace with a new one. I never use the same file on any two customers. X

Throw it away!

Definitely DO NOT think about using this on another client. Chuck it straight in the bin, and ensure that all your non disposable tools are thoroughly sanitised and disinfected before using on anyone else.

Thank you. In over 13 years of doing this job it was my first greenie and I just wanted to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I'm a newbie to nails and was just wondering what a greenie was please 😔

Hi I'm a newbie to nails and was just wondering what a greenie was please 😔

A greenie is thd slang we use to describe a bacterial infection called pseudomonas ... It occurs when you get a lifted area, moisture gets in, and creates a nice warm moist breeding ground for bacteria ... It's not the same as a fungal infection. The best way to prevent it is to perfect your application technique and avoid lifted product, but of course sometimes a client will bash a nail, cause lifting, not come to you for a repair (cheapskate) and hey presto thats how the best nail techs can see greenies too! But it's quite unusual. Hope this helps. Xx

Thank you for explaining x

Latest posts

Back