Saturday job - when to ask

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi All

I will be qualified to do CND nail enhancements and mani and pedis in the next couple of months and I would like to have a saturday job in a salon to then maybe go to working everyother Friday as well (if I can arrange this with my full time job) my question is when should you go out and enquire if salons have any vacancies for this sort of thing? :eek:

I have read on here before that a lot of people say that no salons would want to take you on because you are still training/newly qualified but I am doing more nails, sets and rebalances but am obviously trying to get my times down. I would hope that someone would want to take me on for a trial basis and just maybe pay me the minimum wage? (not sure if salons prefer that or would suggest paying rent to start with?)

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I just want to try and get experience in a salon especially as I want to start an NVQ in Beauty in September :)
Thanks
Gail x

I would have been in before now if I were you, even if they don't want to take you on until you are qualified, at least you are getting your name out there and letting them know you are a possibility for the future.

I was employed as a nail tech less than half way through my training, so it really depends whether they are looking for a junior or a senior nail tech (not sure if they catergorize it like this overseas, but you get the idea lol)

So, definately go and start networking asap

:hug:

Latest posts

Back