Saturday staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vijalante

Reaction score
What does everyone pay for Saturday staff. Been ages since I've had one so was just wondering. Thanks in advance x

We pay out Saturday girl £20.
She's 16

I'm aware! :) thank you though
She does less than 8!

Shouldnt it be minimum wage for their age xx

I was thinking more 25 but wasn't sure thank u so much guys xx

£20 for 8 hours? Even if she is 16 that's nothing :/

Surely its an minimum wage hourly rate x number of hours!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure if there is a min wage rate for 16 year olds, and I'm too lazy to go look it up. OP, it's worth checking before you do anything. She will be entitled to holiday pay as well. Also be aware that any under 18s working for you mean you have to do an enhanced risk assessment, and give them an enhanced health and safety briefing, which should be documented.

There was when I was 15 (£2 something lol) so would have thought so? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

£3.72 is minimum wage for 16 year olds

I was a Saturday girl years ago and was paid hourly £3.33 an hour I was 16

I think even if your 16 there's still a minimum wage

16/17 year olds it's £3.72 an hour it says on the government website

Do people really turn up for this sort of money! Where's the motivation here. ..?! I'd have trouble sleeping at night as an employer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got paid £20 when I was a Saturday girl I loved it just wanted to get my foot in the door didn't care about the money I just wanted to see how it all worked I would of done it for free! That's passion right there! Haha x

What about if they have said they want to help out?! I guess like voluntary? U don't have to pay them do you x

I think it's actually illegal now, they are allowed to observe but not actually work, pretty sure I've read it on here on another post

I got paid £20 when I was a Saturday girl I loved it just wanted to get my foot in the door didn't care about the money I just wanted to see how it all worked I would of done it for free! That's passion right there! Haha x

Ha ha. .I see your point.... but I thought the days of slavery had (nearly) ended. ..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was the same. So greatful just to be in the salon surrounded by all the smells and the sound of hairdryers ect.... i didnt care about the money x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is the minimum age as I heard somewhere it was 14. I wanted someone at school who was interested in getting into a salon xx

Latest posts

Back