Saving spending tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie_c_06

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you spend your tips on? Do you save them up each month and buy something to do
With your work something you want or need.
Or do you spend it on yourself or save it up for something special?

I usually don't use my tips for anything in particular, usually buys my lunch, but in July & August I saved all my tips as I was going on holiday an wanted spa treatments whilst there so I saved them an used it for a lovely body scrub & massage :)
So since I've been back I've been saving them an am going to put them towards a treatment for myself once a month :) xxxz

My girls all have the tins you can only open with a tin opener, they usually get new ones every 3 months.
The amounts vary but lowest was approx: 150£ to the best one so far 425£
I have one the last quarter for holiday spends, another for a tattoo & now they are all on Christmas tins
One of my girls has a wedding fund tip jar instead & it's getting bloody heavy

I saved up mine and brought the babyliss pro perfect curl! It was so nice having it and not really having to buy it myself...a little present from my clients :) xx

I'd love to get tips again..! Sadly being mobile doesn't encourage tip giving..!

I agree with you, that tips are rare when you are mobile I wonder why this is.

I'm mobile an find I get quite a lot in tips, although I find it's the older generation that tip more, my prices are a bit funny though so a lot of people say to me to keep the change.
I don't expect tips though an I get really embarrassed when getting them, one of my lady's always pays £20.00 for her £14.00 treatment and always tells me to keep the change but I always try to give her change an only when she's rejected it and told me she's sure I'm to keep it, will I except it. Xxxxxx

One of my staff spends it on fish and chips! Quite amusing! I spend my tips on a night out! Happy days! xoxo

I had been saving mines up for about 10 months and when I opened it there was £555.50 in it. It was soooo unexpected as I don't feel like I get tipped a lot but it obviously all mounts up. I was expecting about £100/150. So I used it for my holiday spending money and the new shellac colours and still had some left over. I've started a new jar now, it's such a good idea as you don't miss the money.

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do save it up for spending money for my holidays.. Or a new bag I have seen..can't make up my mind yet! :)

I love saving my tips, I have been saying for ages I want a really nice, expensive designer bag, so that's my treat to myself! :)

I save mine in a terrumandi (sp) pot and always treat myself to something from mulberry :) next time I smash my pot I'm getting a lovely mulberry Filofax x

I don't get a chance to save the few quid I get as it has to go back into the business, I'm far too boring. I think I will start saving them as of next tax year for wedding things :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do any of you actually declare your tips as earnings? Strictly speaking that's what they are....

https://www.gov.uk/tips-at-work/tips-and-tax

No one is going to say if they don't declare them on a public forum...

And of course you have to as the tax man has found another way to make money from the little we earn these days...:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like saving them then using them for the beauty shows - I'm off to Manchester next weekend so I'll be able to treat myself to something nice for me and/or my clients to enjoy.

I went to edinburgh earlier in the year and had about £800 quid in tips to take with me, I was soooooo happy! Can't wait to see what's in there come Friday xx

I save mine from July time and save until I book my summer holiday, did this last year and all I needed to save was spends, started saving them again as soon as my last holiday was payed and ill use them to pay for next years holiday xx

Latest posts

Back