Scalp bleach and tone with t18?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachez7888

Reaction score
My client has heavily highlights bleached hair which I tone with 10/16
It's so thick and takes ages to highlight and her roots need doing every 4 weeks!!
I was hoping to do full roots with bleach and 20 then tone roots first then ends with t18
What are your thoughts
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472333229.400058.jpg

Bringing back the old school classic! It used to be called 'white lady'. A lot of stylists look down on that toner. Its pretty intense, high in ammonia and meant to mixed with 20v. I personally used it with 10V mostly though. Its good for bleach outs, especially when it's a little yellow and underlifted cause its pretty strong and gives you a bit of a pop when toning cause of the 20v. I'd never use it on highlites though, cause it lifts natural hair as well. I don't use it often at all, but it's a good toner to have in your arsenal. I've seen high end stylists use it too. If she's a good lifter, then I'd use something milder, her mid lengths are pretty white and it might turn purple xx

Last edited:
Yep I'm on a forum on Facebook and everyone literally swears by it! So really want to try it!! Iv never heard of it turning purple,? Her hairs pretty strong and she really wants the platinum white look x

The toner is mostly violet based, which takes out yellow, and super pigmented. If the hair has white parts and is completely devoid of color, it will just show up as a violet tinge. It comes out after a few shampoos though.
I just wanted to warn you about that cause she looks like she has some white parts to her hair that may get overtoned and turn violety, especially cause its probably porous x

I would start with an Olaplex treatment followed with a heavy moisturizer. Hair will be stronger with more bonds. Then lighten, you can use Olaplex in lightners and in T18, will get better even lift.

Latest posts

Back