Scenario about acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky09

Reaction score
i have been given a scenario from college and im totally lost wondered if anyone can shed some light on it for me plz as i cant find anything on the internet about it

heres the scenario:
A lady has come to you with the remains of acrylic nails still attached to one or two of the nails. Some nails are natural but in a poor state of health, showing signs of false nail damage. one of her fingernails has a slight greenish discolourationto it. what could this be? is it treatable?

the nails are generally very thin and dry as a result of the long term use of false nails. she can no longer afford to pay for her regular upkeep of her false nails and would like to improve her own nails condition.

what would be your advice/ plan of action for your client? whatinformation could you give to them at this stage? would you carry out any treatments at this point? if not why?

ok so im not askingsomeone to do my work for me lol just we have only learnt manicure pedicure at the moment so i think this question is a bit unfair really.

im guessing the green on the nails is a fungal infection which can be caused by water/moisture getting between the acrylic nails but i dont know to treat this whether u can still perform maicure on this nail or just leave it?? i just need a few pointers in the right direction if anyone can would be great xx

what concerns me with this homework is the wording....

"the nails are generally very thin and dry as a result of the long term use of false nails"

what do they mean by false nails...stick ons or nail enhancements....?? i am assuming by the rest of the question they mean nail enhancements....and in that case what a way to teach. Its not nail enhancements that cause damage...its some nail technicians and clients.

anyway.............

Have a read of this.... http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html?highlight=mould

im glad im not the only one that thought that this question was a bit odd. i just need to know whether or not u can treat a green nail?? and would i treat the other nails im guessing i would maicure them and put nail strengthener on them and make the client apply nail hardener at home but i cant find any information to confirm this would be the right procedure!!

AARRRRRGGHHHH just wanna scream lol

do a search on here about bacterial Infections....you will find lots of threads regarding it and more so on how best to deal with them.

What a shockingly biased question! Must be written by a beauty therapist that doesn't approve of nail enhancements!

Vicky, the link should give you enough info to answer the green bit. Dealing with thin and damaged nails just needs a bit of thought

thanks for your replys really appreciate it gonna have a good read thru the link looks interesting thankyou

Latest posts

Back