School Indulgence evening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Fern

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I am signed up at a local school to do one of these next Wednesday - supposedly offering hand & arm massage treatments or file and polish.
Howver, as some of you know, I broke my left arm quite spectacularly 3 weeks ago so am unsure of how much I could do - massage would have to be one-handed and I haven't had a chance to practice file and polish yet (been in too much pain :irked: )
So, the organiser knows my situation, is a neighbour, and is quite happy for me to sit there and "do" nothing, just promote my business. However, a friend's sister who used to be a beauty therapist has offered to comeand help me.
My concern is which is going to be better - having someone do treatments who won't be who they see in the future, or sitting there on my tod not doing anything as it won't be up to anything like my usual standard, or attempting to do some treatments and hoping people forgive the lower standards?
Any thoughts?

I don't think you should try and attempt anything yourself, in your condition, as it might damage your reputation rather than help it.

Your friends sister sounds like an option, but as she "used to be a beauty therapist" I'd make sure that she's properly insured before and competent before taking up her offer.

I personally wouldnt put my business reputation in the hands of someone who has nothing to do with my business,Dont get doing any treatments though, your health comes first, and I'm sure people will understand your situation, If you let your personality and professionalism shine through on the night and get your name and business about, im pretty sure you will have alot of bookings when your better, especially if you offer them a percentage off their treatment when they book with you on the night :) has always worked for me at the school functions, especially as all of the ladies know eachother word of mouth travels fast xx

I think I shall do it on my own but not attempt any treatments - I shall offer the discount for treatments booked on the night - a good idea.
Thanks guys

How about selling raffle tickets to win gift vouchers:idea:

Could you do mini skin analysis?

Offer patch tests with % off cards for future eyelash/eyebrow tints?

Sell your products?

do you have one of those photo frames you can put a memory card into so that you could show some before and after photos etc that might be nice and you offer your discount too. I bet everyone will feel sorry for you good luck anyway whatever you decide

How about selling raffle tickets to win gift vouchers:idea:

Could you do mini skin analysis?

Offer patch tests with % off cards for future eyelash/eyebrow tints?

Sell your products?

Raffle tickets for gift voucher - love this idea - will check if it's ok with organiser

Mini Skin Analysis - I think I'll leave this as I can't turn my wrist yet and moving my thumb is still painful

Patch tests - definite possibility - and no heavy equipment to carry!

Product sales - I don't carry a lot of products but will take some polishes and gift vouchers

Thanks for all these ideas - I will let you know how I get on!

Latest posts

Back