Scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissors hands

Reaction score
Hay guys, I'm new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the right place[emoji85][emoji87] anyway, has anyone used the "Jaguar White Line JP10 Scissors 5.75” I need to buy a new scissors but looking to only spend about €100/€120 on it. I live near Sally's and capital hair so be great if I could get one in either one of them

What's the equivalent is £?

I'm assuming €100 isn't very much?! You're better off saving and getting a great pair?

I'm assuming €100 isn't very much?! You're better off saving and getting a great pair?

I'm looking at a joewell its €156/£140 maybe or the Jaguar is about £100

My first pair of shears were jaguar. I didn't like them very much. I'd save up till you can get something better, unless you have nothing to work with at the moment I'd save up and get a hand crafted Japanese brand shear. They're costly but it's the best investment you can make in your career.

i have samurai scissors, i think they are great! They only cost me like £70-80

i have samurai scissors, i think they are great! They only cost me like £70-80
Oh cool, where did u buy them?

My first pair of shears were jaguar. I didn't like them very much. I'd save up till you can get something better, unless you have nothing to work with at the moment I'd save up and get a hand crafted Japanese brand shear. They're costly but it's the best investment you can make in your career.
Ya I could wait and save but really want to buy a new pair cus can't buy expensive ones for awhile. I think I unliked your comment I'm still learning to use this

I have some very cheap scissors they were only about £30!!! My first pair I ever got were Toni and Guy ones and back then (18 years ago) were about £80 I loved them and these cheap ones feel very similar to use. I think when buying scissors they need to be handled as they can all feel very different , I've bought several pairs that have been no good as I just can't get used to how they feel or cut.

Oh cool, where did u buy them?
i got them off a rep who visited our salon, but i believe you can get them directly from their website, some salon suppliers must stock t least a couple models, but I'm not sure, I'm a lefty, so i usually go directly too the manufacturer

I used to use cheap scissors, then I bought a pair of Samurai's and it was the best investment. I would say hold off for a bit, keep saving and get yourself a really good pair of scissors that will last years instead of a few months

Thanks guys [emoji182]

Back