Scissors?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imthtchick22

Reaction score
My current mission is finding the right pair of scissors. I know what an investment they are and how important it is to have the right set of tools. I just grow weary of all of the web sites and everyone claming that their scissors are the best. I am not yet licensed but have my date soon, so I know now is the time. Help!!!! I just want to make an educated decision. WHat to do? Thanks everyone. ;-D. @^-linda--:eek:

I really like Joewell shears. It's like cutting silk when you cut hair w/ them

I really like Joewell shears. It's like cutting silk when you cut hair w/ them

Yes totally agree with theresamarie , these scissors are fab I use Joewell classics in 5 and a half inch really are fab scissors they can be used with or without the finger and thumb inserts , plus they can be used for all sorts of cutting techniques :hug: x

Hi I find the best place to get scissors and all other salon related products is www.coolblades.co.uk their service is second to none and do scissor sharpening with a free post service.
Hope this helps

i like joewells,but you will find after you get a few pairs what style and weight works for you .

I bought the SET on this UK website for about $100 which is pretty good considering how awesum they are. They are called Zen Goosenecks. look them up at Rainbow Goosneck hairdressing scissor

let me know what yall think??

you need to hold the scissors and get the feel of them, I would never buy my scissors without feeling them first, you also need to see what lenght suits you too, why dont you go to your local wholesalers and ask them if you can look at some and get the feel for them.

I would say that Joewell are the best, and I can also reccommend Coolblades, I have used them to buy scissors and to sharpen some, their service is fantastic, you can send them your scissors free of charge they sharpen them and send them back to you within 3 days, I really noticed the difference when my scissors came back from them, it cost about £12.00.

x Becca

Yeah i did take a big risk ordering them online, but it seemd ok because you get two weeks to try them out and just send them back if i didnt like the fit.

Luckily they are awesum, my new best friend!!

There is a huge choice out there, when I first started hairdressing I used a
pair of yasaka scissors, I then moved up to joewell which where better,
I now use a Kasho millenium which I absolutley love. I have got my eye on
a pair of Mizutani D19's at the moment, scissors are a bit of a fetish for me but there are a couple of websites out there that will give
you loads of information and help you make the right choice. try to go
for something handmade and finished in Japan as opposed to something
made out of Japanese steel which to be honest could be made anywhere.
you can't go wrong with Kasho, Joewell or Mizutani in my opinion!
I got my Kasho from www.serious-metal.com which was handy cuz they where just
down the road, they are extremley helpful and seem to know what they are talking
about.

Last edited:
I've also used coolblades to buy scissors and they are fantastic, being left handed I had a bit of trouble looking for the right pair of scissors for me, but their range is fantastic! :)

I use Buttercut scissors, and i cant recommend them enough. It's a personal choice and what works for one doesnt necessarily work for someone else. Good Luck

Latest posts

Back