Sculpt oval or square?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie

Reaction score
Hi, i was thinking, is someone wants oval nails, should i just sculpt it oval shape on the form, rather than square then filling to an oval shape?
Does anyone do this?

i usually apply the tip and file it to the oval shape.

If you want oval nails, then sculpt them to shape and refine with your abrasive, no point in putting product on just to file if off again :D

Damn that takes up time, and money in wasted product :eek:

Trin
xx

here too !

well try and sculpt the required shape anyway ! lol

kx

Trinity Nails said:
If you want oval nails, then sculpt them to shape and refine with your abrasive, no point in putting product on just to file if off again :D

Damn that takes up time, and money in wasted product :eek:

Trin
xx

I thought about the very same thing not long ago.... I have found it pretty difficult to sculpt an almond and get yr arches right, unless I'm missing something....how do you do it?

i have found it hard sculpting an almond i much prefer to tip

Cathie! said:
I thought about the very same thing not long ago.... I have found it pretty difficult to sculpt an almond and get yr arches right, unless I'm missing something....how do you do it?

Just make sure your form is fitted correctly so the centre of the form is at the centre of the free edge.
place your bead the same as you would for a square or squoval, after you have pressed the bead out, then push the sides for the required shape on one side then mirror image the other - your shape has been sculpted!

thanx 4 this, i will try it!!

Latest posts

Back