Sculpt with sliced glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
This is the first ever set of sculpt on myself, could you give me some pointers please?

I know they arent brilliant and a couple need taking in at the side walls but other than that, can you maybe give me pointers to improve please? xxx

Hey I love the glitter. I bet they catch the light. As you said yourself a couple of them could do with the side walls coming in and perhaps on a couple the apex is a bit far forward. Your smile lines are nice & fairly consistent. You've. done a good job to sculpt on yourself.
How did you go with doing your less dominant hand?
Any tricks?

Thanks for the critique :hug:

All I did was took my time, I only put one form on at a time then finished that nail and did the next etc that way i could still use that hand to pick up the bead and just hoped for the best for the rest lol :lol:

I had the most trouble with the filing, trying to hold my own finger/keep it still was hard work and my hand went a bit stiff but it took me about 3 hours for the full set (had to soak my 'good' hand off once too as I wasn't happy with it lol)

I would say also, try to file a bit more flush to the cuticle as from what I can see there's a bit of a ridge where the acrylic starts xx

I would say also, try to file a bit more flush to the cuticle as from what I can see there's a bit of a ridge where the acrylic starts xx

How do i do that without killing my skin? :lol: I'm always scared of getting acrylic on the skin or making skin bleed

I use a 'harbour bridge' or 'boomerang' shaped file for filing near the cuticle. Also I find using a padded file seems to help because it's more flexible. I don't know if this is correct procedure but it works for me.

I use a 'harbour bridge' or 'boomerang' shaped file for filing near the cuticle. Also I find using a padded file seems to help because it's more flexible. I don't know if this is correct procedure but it works for me.

I will have to try it, is there any particular ones I should buy?

Latest posts

Back