Sculpted nails coming off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainChick

Reaction score
Hey Im looking for some help here! I just started with LCN doing sculptured tips for the first time and I am just in the practice phase, I did 2 sets on my co workers and a few of the nails actually sort of popped off or broke off, just the sculpted tip. Whaat am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? I prepared the nail bed properly but without electric drill but had no shine what so ever when applying, I dont want to make awful thick nails by doing 2 layers of the formature... so help please!:o

Did you examine the nails from all angles to make sure you had the apex or arch of the nail built up enough over the stress area?

Yes I did, the LCN is pretty thick gel so it is hard not to build it up enough its very thick to work with... maybe i need to pinch

If the sculpted extension is essentially breaking off then there is an imbalance of product somewhere. Make sure that the product is thicker down the middle of the nail and thin at the side walls. It is not as easy with gel to guage the thickness of your product as it is with L&P.

Latest posts

Back