Sculpting and builder gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been qualified in UV Gel Extensions for 3 years now but always preferred acrylic to use. I only ever did friends and family but recently i went back to college to completely retrain and do my full VTCT Level 3 Nail Tech.

Its now coming up to assessment and exam time so i will be branching out a lot more to the public and i wondered what peoples take on the best gel system to use. I currently use The Edge which is perfectly fine for college requirements but tell my clients I'm using this and they are immediately not overwhelmed. I find it too running in any temperature.

Ive always thought i'd end up with NSI but now coming to order it, im insure...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated xxxxx

I am wanting a soak of gel x

Do you want a soft soak off gel in a pot or a gel polish?

I use bio sculpture for my soft soak off gels, but Nsi have recently launched their version of a soft soak off gel although I've not yet heard reviews on this, Brisa lite sculpting & smoothing gels are soak off gels, then of course there is calgel (both calgel & bio sculpture will require you to train with them in this as it's different to gel polish. Hope that helps x

I intend on doing biosculpture eventually, I just want a uv gel system to use in the meantime xx

Hi I've just started to use nsi secrets. Lovely to apply but not removed it yet. There are some good deals on the starter packs at the moment x

CND do a soak off gel called Brisa lite sculpting gel which is very good. NSI have just introduced their new range of soak off gels called secrets removable gel. Not tried NSI one yet though. :biggrin:

I'm also trained in bio sculpture gel 100% recommend, worth the training too :)

Hi Abbie,

Here at Izabelle Hammon Ltd we offer a soak off gel that can be used to build and sculpt, which is called Iz gel. In order to use Calgel you need to complete training but with the Iz, it is available for all professionals. I would be more than happy to send you a sample?

Alison :)

Hi Alison, how would I go about getting a sample of Iz would love to try, I saw someone using it under gel polish and she raved about it thanks X

Hi Alison, how would I go about getting a sample of Iz would love to try, I saw someone using it under gel polish and she raved about it thanks X

I would also be very interested in trying out a sample if this product if you have any info x

Hi. I've had a free sample of iZ & I've also now purchased a pot too.
It's not a thick gel so building is quite good as it levels too there's no hanging around but can file n shape if necessary. A 10second cure for thin top & base and 30second cure for building both for an LED lamp.
If u register on Isabelle Hammon site, u can email them for an iZ sample but they will ask u to email copies of your certificates.
I was sent a bottle but tipped some out on some foil & used a proper gel brush. In the bottle the gel seems fairly thick & the brush to me is too flexible

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back