sculpting forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alison27

Reaction score
hi guys, was in my local wholesalers the other day looking for forms (gettin adventurous) they only had acrylic forms (think they were star nails) are they suitable for gel or are there diff types.

thanks

alison27 said:
hi guys, was in my local wholesalers the other day looking for forms (gettin adventurous) they only had acrylic forms (think they were star nails) are they suitable for gel or are there diff types.

thanks
Hiya,

The disposable forms can be used for gel, but i think the re-usable ones are not (something to do with the heat from the lamp melting them) I think

So yes you can use them (are they the horse shoe ones) if so then deffo

Amanda

hi alison!

Just an extra thought on the subject of forms...

When I first started sculpting I couldn't get the hang of it at all (in fact getting the form to sit right on the finger was the hardest part), until I swapped the 'horseshoe' forms, for another type of disposable form. I got mine from sally's so you should find them with the rest of the star nails stuff. They're gold and black, and on a big roll (about £7??) The form itself is a rectangle, which has an oval shape cut into it that you push out (and can stick to the back for extra support).

I found these soooo much easier to apply - and the curve you get is much more consistent (you stick together the 2corners of the form that are furthest away from the body - making a nice curve!) - my sculpts have been a million times better since!

I use gel, and they are fine with my uv lamp.

Hope this helps (and makes sense!) x

PPS you really want clear forms to help curing...I know DN and California Nails sell them not sure about the others...

hi

Never had any forms melt in my lamp! :suprised: I have used loads of different ones. One of the best that i have tried are the new clear ones that came with my brisa kit!

An absolute dream to apply! Soo easy! And clear so no worries about the white not curing thoroughly. :wink2:

I know a few companys have brought them out, Ezflow and The Edge being two i know of. Not tried those though.

Latest posts

Back