Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
Hi all

I have always been a Tip girl. But today, I decided to give sculpting a go. My poor hubby was my guineapig.

Well the results was this. The gel nail was longer, but obviously I filed it down and shaped it. But as you can see from his other finger, to what the other one did look like. I was quite proud of my first attempt, and I think I may do more practice on this and add it to my treatments :)

Attachments

• nnb.JPG
    nnb.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 217
I also couldn't believe how strong it was.

I really enjoy sculpting. Way better at gel sculpting than l&p so I'm trying to practice as much as I can with that now! Good job.

The strength is in the 'structure' .. its all about structure with sculpting. Getting the thickness in the right places ... corners of the smile and vertical apex all the way down the length of the nail (no matter what system you are using). You have to have a visual of the structure in your mind and do it; it is not just about adding more length.

I know....

I didn't just do length, I built up the thickness and the apex aswell, so he had a lovely arch with it. His nails are so flat, looked funny with an arch lol. Hard to see it in this pic. I was too chuffed with the overall fact I did it hahahha

I know....

I didn't just do length, I built up the thickness and the apex aswell, so he had a lovely arch with it. His nails are so flat, looked funny with an arch lol. Hard to see it in this pic. I was too chuffed with the overall fact I did it hahahha

Well good for you, well done! You are right, you cant see any apex to the nail at the angle you have taken the photo and it looks quite thin in the corners where it appears it will break.

My post was general helpful information to all (as I try to do with every post) not a critique on the particular nail you did. Keep at it .. sculpting is very satisfying.

Well good for you, well done! You are right, you cant see any apex to the nail at the angle you have taken the photo and it looks quite thin in the corners where it appears it will break.

My post was general helpful information to all (as I try to do with every post) not a critique on the particular nail you did. Keep at it .. sculpting is very satisfying.

I know you mean well. And maybe I could thicken those corners up abit more. Practice makes perfect, as they say ;)

Ha ha your poor hubby will you let him soak it off before work?? Good job x

It's a file jobby lol. I filed it straight off after. Just a practice run :)

Latest posts

Back