Sebaceous cyst removal - privately in the UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypatel33

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to get a small sebaceous cyst removed privately. NHS is a no go this time round. I had one removed on the NHS 5 years ago. The NHS surgeon must have not removed all of the cyst the first time round and it grew back, and so he had a second go at it to get it all out.

Say, after private surgery the cyst grows back. What's the general approuch about a second attempt and so forth? I am going to ask the surgeon this question during the consultations I have coming up. If he says, he will re do it for free, do I have to just go by his word? Is it a sort of thing I need to get it writing and signed off before going forward.

Thanks for the replies. Not done this before, so looking to get some idea

I highly doubt it , Medicine is not an exact science .
I mean if you had cancer and it came back you can’t ask them to treat you again for free.

I don't think you can get a 're-do' on any operation, private or NHS, unless the consultant feels it is medically worth doing.
If you have the cyst removed, the consultant would advise you that is may possibly come back in xx number of years. The advice wouldn't change whether it was NHS or private.

With private operations you would pay for each treatment. If the cyst did need a second treatment in the future you would pay again.
Perhaps you should look into private health insurance policies if you feel you might need regular services.

(from an ex nurse who worked in NHS operating theatres, surgical wards and a BUPA hospital)

Latest posts

Back