Seche Ultra V UV top coat - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailGal

Reaction score
I was in salon services having a mooch round today and saw Seche Ultra V, which is a UV cured top coat and am really curious about it.
It says on the box to apply it after any manicure and cure it for three mins. Does this mean it can be used on top of regular nail polish?

I googled it when I got home to see what I could find out about it, But even on their own website it isn't very clear - here's what it says;

The ultimate in UV curable topcoats. Seche Ultra-V™ leaves a durable, long wearing, high gloss shine over polish. Dries layers of polish in just 3 minutes under any UV lamp.

Can this be used on natural nail? Is it a stand alone product or does it require the rest of a system?

I'd love to hear from anyone who's used this product!
Thanks in advance! Xx

Hi ! I tried it over a normal polish and it chips like anything :( as far as I could tell it was for over normal polish etc so I wasn't impressed with the out come if I were you I would spend the money on something else ! Hope i have been of some help xxx

Hi shazzer,

Wow! Quick reply! Thanks for your info....I didn't buy it as I was a bit suspicious...I can't imagine how the polish would dry correctly under it, as polish dries and hardens as the solvent evaporates - how can it do that with a uv cured top coat on it?
Thanks for the advice though, appreciated!
Anyone else had a go with it?

Glad you asked has i was curious when i see it in Sally's and was tempted to try it. I wont bother now.

Hi, I use it and love it, been using it for ages on our clients, they love it too. I have never had problems with it, CND used to do one but they discontinued it :( so I've been using this on ever since...however I must say almost all of my clients now use shellac, but those that still have normal polish have this top coat.

Hi, I use it and love it, been using it for ages on our clients, they love it too. I have never had problems with it, CND used to do one but they discontinued it :( so I've been using this on ever since...however I must say almost all of my clients now use shellac, but those that still have normal polish have this top coat.
Hi Charly thanks for the feedback. Can you please tell me if the nails are completly dry after the 3 minute cure time and how is it removed? I only do normal polishing over enhancements, not natural nails anymore so would you say this product is suitable over polished acrylic nails? Like you my clienst are into Shellac/Gelish polishing so its very rare i do normal manicures.

Hi Charly thanks for the feedback. Can you please tell me if the nails are completly dry after the 3 minute cure time and how is it removed? I only do normal polishing over enhancements, not natural nails anymore so would you say this product is suitable over polished acrylic nails? Like you my clienst are into Shellac/Gelish polishing so its very rare i do normal manicures.

Also which lamp does it need to be cured in?

Hi no they aren't completly dry it drys it to the touch but you can still smudge it if you diggin in your bag!!!
It drys them much much quicker though. I use my CND lamp 2 mins I think could be 3 I am so used to doing 2 mins now lol!!
To remove just use acetone as you would remove a normal polish, a quick wipe and it's gone. X

Hi everybody!
Thanks so much for all the replies on this!

I'm still a bit dubious about how it dries etc, but think maybe the best thing would be to give it a shot and see for myself! It's only just over a fiver, so in the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge loss if its rubbish - I probably spend more on chocolate in a week ;)
Will maybe get it at the weekend and will update everyone on how I get on.
Thanks! X

Hi no they aren't completly dry it drys it to the touch but you can still smudge it if you diggin in your bag!!!
It drys them much much quicker though. I use my CND lamp 2 mins I think could be 3 I am so used to doing 2 mins now lol!!
To remove just use acetone as you would remove a normal polish, a quick wipe and it's gone. X
Just like a normal top coat then? Nothing special about it really.
I'll stick to Lumos which dries within minutes and saves on my bulb life. :)

Its sound better then it actually is in my opinion. I think as we are all so used to Shellac etc. I would exspect it to be dry when the hand comes out the lamp and not chip smudge when hands go in bags!

I agree with stickying to Lumos i only have one client that i even use normal polish on and now she mostly has Shellac!! I painted her nails with polish for the first time in about 3 months last week and used Lumos base and top coat and i totally forgot how quick it drys!! It really does deserve all the awards its won!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I was mooching in Sallys today and looked at this product again. I'm very curious and I think I might try it but do you girls think it's a complete waste of money? :D

I bought this the other day and tried it alongside the good old Seche Vite. Polished 2 nails on a nail wheel, one with the UV topcoat and one with the normal. After 2 mins in the lamp the normal one was completely dry and the uv one wasn't!

Im gonna test it out better though.

Latest posts

Back