Second job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hhh

Reaction score
At the end of the year im planning on doing mobile nails two evenings a week however I will already have another job how do i go about this with tax and registering as mobile etc. Any advice would be great thank you

Phone hmrc to inform them of your situation. They were very helpful with me and will tell you how to fill out the relevant forms.

When you fill in the online forms it's quite clear how to declare earnings on a second job.

Just remember if you're already a tax payer - ie earning over £10500 (or whatever it is) per year, you'll have to pay tax on all your self employed earnings.

Vic x

Don't forget to do your books and put down every single thing you buy for the business this is taken into account and you don't pay tax unless you earn over that. I haven't had to submit my returns yet I am sure it will become clear when I need to! In the meantime get a receipt book and account book. You don't need to register with hmrc until you are actually running as a business x

Thank you thats great. If both jobs together are below £10500 would there be any tax??

They said to me that in theory as long as you earn below the threshold it wouldn't matter if you had fifty jobs. It doesn't matter what it is made up of long as it is below the threshold :)

Latest posts

Back