Seeing clients outside of work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsRus

Reaction score
Hi Geeks I was just wondering if when Any of you see a client outside of work do you ask them how their nails are doing?
I saw one of my regulars in tesco said Hi asked her how the holidays are going then left. I then thought I should have asked her how her nails were (from what I could see without staring they were perfect) would this have been un professional of me to have asked and looked at them? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sometimes ask out of habit but know I shouldn't really. I think you could be opening a can of worms if you ask about her nails outside of work. Supposing she says she's broken one or chipped one and you and up discussing it In tesco!
I would simply say in closing "see you next week" or whenever she is booked in.

That's what I thought I just didn't want her to think I didn't care by not asking x

I think we all have to think very carefully about your very good question ... Think carefully about the real message you are giving to the client IF you ask them how their nails are .. Are you expecting something to be wrong with them? Might your client sense some insecurity there if you ask even if you think you are just being professional? Professional should stay in the salon IMHO. I think it is much better to say nothing don't obviously check the nails out either lol. The message that would give to me is that you are secure in your work and that you do not expect any problems at all :)

In any case you don't need to ask, You can tell right away by body language if a client has been interfering with their nails because they hide them from you if they see you! Lol. Quite interesting if you think about it ... By hiding their nails they are admitting responsibility for the damage. But if they come to the salon, they claim it just dropped off and try and put the responsibility onto you! Don't you think that is interesting?

Yes geeg very interesting ;-) thank you.
I am confident in my work so feel she wouldn't have a problem to tell me anyway but good point about keeping it in the salon ill remember that xx

I agree, I bumped into a client in the supermarket yesterday and although I was dying to ask, I thought better of it. I do it a bit out of habit and also, some clients, say 'ooh look my nails are still lovely' so it works both ways.

However, you have to accept that if there was a problem they would have surely been in touch with you and not waiting to bump into you in the supermarket.

Be proud and confident in your work.

xx

I think we all have to think very carefully about your very good question ... Think carefully about the real message you are giving to the client IF you ask them how their nails are .. Are you expecting something to be wrong with them? Might your client sense some insecurity there if you ask even if you think you are just being professional? Professional should stay in the salon IMHO. I think it is much better to say nothing don't obviously check the nails out either lol. The message that would give to me is that you are secure in your work and that you do not expect any problems at all :)

In any case you don't need to ask, You can tell right away by body language if a client has been interfering with their nails because they hide them from you if they see you! Lol. Quite interesting if you think about it ... By hiding their nails they are admitting responsibility for the damage. But if they come to the salon, they claim it just dropped off and try and put the responsibility onto you! Don't you think that is interesting?

Have no confidence in life at all...an ex made sure of that! I always ask how clients nail are if I see them out, but won't be doing so any more after reading this.
Thanks geeg, your replies to threads are truly valuable xx

Have no confidence in life at all...an ex made sure of that! I always ask how clients nail are if I see them out, but won't be doing so any more after reading this.
Thanks geeg, your replies to threads are truly valuable xx

Good for you hun :p xx

Jumping over from hair extensions here but I guess it's the same principle, I ask my customers often, drop them a text to see how their getting on with their new locks and to see if they are having any issues and If they need anymore advice. I do this to be approachable and to see of their actually okay with them. I've had a couple that won't ask me any questions if their unsure as they are possibly shy or whatever. But I'm all in for the aftercare and advice, some extensionist I know don't speak to their clients after fitting, top ups or removal - which is a shame really! I like my customers to approach me with questions I love it, if rather they do that then do something wrong :) xx

Yes geeg very interesting ;-) thank you.
I am confident in my work so feel she wouldn't have a problem to tell me anyway but good point about keeping it in the salon ill remember that xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using J

Latest posts

Back