seeking make-up advice for foundation - MAC or Chanel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rheanna

Reaction score
Hi alll i've recently started doing wedding make-overs & party/prom make-up have been doing lots of research on here & on You tube I'd really like to upgrade my kit & offer the best I can - so starting with bases sooooo much choice I've narrowed it down to MAC or Chanel Pro lumiere,
I've had make-overs with both to see the difference & worked with some samples, I've heard so many good reviews on both so not sure which or should i get both? the pro lumiere seems to be a good choice for weddings & apparently photographs really well? but the mac seems to have better coverage with a more matt finish so may be better for partys?

and in each of them which are the most popular shades for white skins - I've tried the 30 in pro lumiere & 40 in matt lumiere & mac NW25 in pro longwear.

I'd also appreciate any feedback on primers in chanel or Mac not heard much about them? or should i go for something like the Laura Mercier one?

Hope someone can help :biggrin:

Ive used Mac Prep & prime skin fluid and Mac studio fix foundation for over a year now and I cant tell you have impressed I am every time I put it on!

Gives perfect coverage and stays on all day with maybe one touch up, thats just my view anyway aha x

Smashbox primers get really good reviews. Not used myself yet bit have looked at reviews.

Foundations, I use mac face & body which I love and does last I also use the mac setting powder.

I am new to makeup artistry . But face & body was the advice we were given from my tutor who works in fashion and bridal.

X

Foundations- I like both Chanel and Mac. I would say chanel out of the two but i use EL double wear for my own brides.

Primers-Smashbox for sure. It is the number one used thing in my kit. I also wear it every day. They have 7 different types. The clear is good for everyone.

Good Luck.

Another vote for Chanel, their whole range is lovely and I have used it for 25 years (I started young :+) ).

I use Chanel Pro Lumier but I also have MAC Face & Body in White which is great for mixing with the Chanel to get the right shade for very pale skin tones. I love the Laura Mercier oil free primer.

I use Cozmetic Lab mineral makeup for all my brides/proms/makeovers. For primers I've tried quite a few and I really rate Chanel Blanc de Chanel.

Latest posts

Back