Self Assessment-didn't earn anything

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facelashbrow

Reaction score
I hope someone can help because I pulling my hair out. Waiting for hubby to get of my phone so I can call the helpline....

I registered for self employment in dec 2012. I was also in part time PAYE and planning to do makeup from home in the new year and so got myself set up. However, hubby lost his job and so instead, I took on full time hours in my PAYE and I didnt start earning self employed until April 2013. Therefore I assumed I didnt have to complete a tax return. Realised last week after speaking to someone that I DO, so applied for a new activation code which arrived just in time. I am trying to complete it now but it wont let me enter '0' in my income...but I havent earned anything, yet I have to declare it? It is literally driving me insane, wtf am I meant to enter?

I'd do it by paper and include a note telling them what you've told us here.

Did you maybe just do some friends most of us do and put in £50 or something its not likely to make any difference to your tax at least you will then be able to submit it on time.

It's too late to do it by paper, today's the last day for online returns. Every time I call they hang up because theyre busy!!!!

I can put a note in which I will do- but so annoying I cant put in £0 so am going to enter £1 and explain and so be it I think :-(

I'd do it by paper and include a note telling them what you've told us here.

Paper tax returns had to be completed by October last year the 31st is the deadline for online returns.

Not sure what the first part means Gillian? I found that it wouldnt accept £0 but you can leave it blank. Then there's a comments section so I ahve explained- they can see that I was in PAYE until Oct 2013 and have said I have records fo self employment from April 2013 so hopefully that will suffice to make the deadline.

I am absolutely getting an accountant for next year!!!!

Latest posts

Back