Self employed 60/40

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allan

Reaction score
Hi first day on salon geek, need advise on taking on self employed stylist regarding a percentage split, i.e. 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, hows it work ?

Quite easy actually.

We have a self employed stylist on this basis. Anything she brings in she gets £45. She also gets a commission on retail sales of 10%. She's paid weekly into her account a week in lieu and she quite simply gets 45% of her sales (haircuts/colours). She does all her own tax etc as she's self employed :)

Thanks

Craig

Depends on who is supplying products, advertising etc.

If stylist is supplying own products then I'd expect them to take 60-70% and the Salon 30-40% depending on area.

Ive always done a 60/40 split. 60% to the salon 40% to the stylist, but I supply all products, marketing, use of coffee machines etc. I also let them get involved in training when I do workshops.
Got to be honest though, I really dont like taking self employed stylists. Im too much of a control freak, and feel a little powerless when it comes to educating and improving them
xxxx

I do 55% to stylist, i provide all stock, bills, refreshments. we all share tips.:D

Latest posts

Back