Self tan & moisturiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
When applying self tan to face is it ok to use moisturiser first? would this stop the self tan working? I've noticed than when I do the tan isn't as noticable than when I don't moisturise? Should I just apply a very small amount of moisturiser??
Thanks girls

hia which self tan are u using?? i use fakle bake and whenever i put tan on my face it is no where near as tanned as the rest of me!! its so annoying - glad someone else experiences this and not just me!! i dont moisturise first as when i trained i was told this would form a 'barrier' between the tan and skin but i suppost that depends on the brand!!

tori xx

It's only an aftersun with a little self tan in (i've just come back of hols) but when i've used others the same thing happens?? it's strange cos we all know the procedure exfoliate, moisturise, tan but I was thinking the same thing as you when you moisturise doesn't this cause a barrier and stop the tan from sinking in??
Hoping a proffesional can shed some light!!

I have a Tantrick tan every 10 days or so and always top up my face with Johnsons holiday skin as it has a moisuriser in it! x

I think most self tans have moisturiser in them already.

But if needed Moisturiser then i'd apply it only after the Self Tan has been absorbed.

HTH

Do you mean putting the moisturiser on just before you put you self tan on or do you mean a day or 2 before?

What tanning product are you using?

If you put moisturiser on it will always affect the depth of the tan product.

applying moisturiser before the tan will 'dilute' the result. you must also be careful not to use a perfumed moisturiser, as this may alter the tan colour (ie go greenish).

many people add a little moisturiser, as they do not want their face so dark. HTHs:)

thanks for the replys, but what if I still want to use my wrinkle creams etc? I must admit I like to use the self tan every night which is when I would also use the wrinkle cream!! I prefer not to use anything in the morning as it makes my oily skin even oilier!!
Does it really need to be 1 or tuther??

thanks for the replys, but what if I still want to use my wrinkle creams etc? I must admit I like to use the self tan every night which is when I would also use the wrinkle cream!! I prefer not to use anything in the morning as it makes my oily skin even oilier!!
Does it really need to be 1 or tuther??

You need to find a way of letting your self tan develop before applying other creams. Can you not apply your self tan at night and your wrinkle cream in the morning!

Latest posts

Back