Semi permanent lashes advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayleighajon

Reaction score
I have been trained for years with Marvelash, since then I found some clients weren't getting as long as they should out of lashes so I moved to Flirties. Some clients were really struggling with the expert glue and the strong fume, so I moved to sensitive and they are just not lasting, some are, but 30% are coming back after two weeks with not many left and after infilling they are all just loosing them.

I am totally deflated and at a loss of what to do with glue. I'm putting so much time and effort into being so professional and products are letting me, and in turn my name down.

Do you recommend any other glues or should I revert back to ultra strenght and just allow clients a longer relaxation time after application to ensure glue is dry?

Any advice would be great, I feel like I am taking more steps back than forward.

I know this is really basic - but when you cleanse the lashes before application, is the cleanser water based and oil free? Perhaps the lashes have some oil on?

Thanks so much for your reply. I use flirties water based primer. I primer before every application and infill but not as liberally with infills as not sure what affect it may have on the already attached lashes. :(

I have just message another few clients who I carried out lashes on this week to ensure they are still ok and some are saying not even one lash has come away so I really am stumped :(

Hmmmm. I'm a marvellash gal too.

It sounds a bit suss. If your prep is good there should be no other reason than if they are doing something daft. They know not to wear oil based mascara, avoid steam etc for 1st 48 hours (baths and showers not too hot etc)

Is it just the outside corners or all over, or random ones that are falling out?

I've an aftercare sheet that I give clients but I ran out this week so maybe they are just being cheeky. It just really deflates you doesn't it.

The thing is, a lot of people lent own up if you came out and asked them. They've maybe forgotten bits of the aftercare. Get some more printed up and hand out. Then wait and see if anything changes . . . :)

If you are now using the sensitive glue you will not get the same retention as flirties expert strength.

Sensitive glue is for clients with sensitivity and for beginners - therefore the product is not as strong and your retention will be 1-2 weeks max / so it is your glue not you - change your glue and evetything will be find

You need to change your glue - try flirties ultra ( latest one out )
Or lash and brow company is good or flawless by Loretta j.

Thank you so much, just received the flirties sample glue but if you would recommend the ultra I'll invest. What's so diff between that and the expert? X

The prep is ultra important if the lashes are even a tiny bit oily the glue even if it's strong will struggle, I find this a huge problem with clients that have used mascara. I have used flirties glue in the past but myself & clients found the fumes too strong. I now use The Lash and Brow Company glue... Can't fault it :)

Believe it or not, the humidity and temperature has an effect on your adhesive. Each brand has it's own optimum for use. This summer has had very different conditions to our usual summers past and this affects the strength of your adhesive.

It's not always your glue! Look at your working environment!!!

HTH

Latest posts

Back