Semi permanent lashes nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissaf95

Reaction score
Mostly all the clients I have done are only getting 2 weeks at a push with their eyelashes.
I have one lady who had a few left at at her 2 and a half week appt.

My routine
I cleanse the eyes with marvel lash non oily pads
Use flirties primer applied with 2 micro applicators (forgot the name of them)
I then wait for that to dry And start isolating the lashes one by one placing a lash onto a lash or sometimes swiping up the lash with the synthetic Lash then placing it. I use flirties expert glue

At the end I go through making sure no lashes are stuck together etc

I apply sealant onto the lashes then use the spoile to brush it through.

Sorry for the long winded message but I need help!!

Also a lot of lashes I use are 0.2. Would this affect the retention?

Could it be the marvel pads leaving a residue? Not sure tbh sorry that's not much help xx

Could it be the marvel pads leaving a residue? Not sure tbh sorry that's not much help xx

I wouldn't have thought so as I was told to use them in training. Feel to just give up! Xx

Try using a mild soap and water solution also check your temp and humidity levels with a hydrometer that can make all the difference to how your adhesive is setting

Try using a mild soap and water solution also check your temp and humidity levels with a hydrometer that can make all the difference to how your adhesive is setting
How do I know what the correct temp and humidity levels are meant to be?
My training was Awful x

You need to check with a hydrometer want to pm me who you trained with??

You need to check with a hydrometer want to pm me who you trained with??
It was a wholesale shop (like Sally's) who had a training academy upstairs, using marvel lash products (I think). I just feel they left out a lot of important information. X

If it's every client as you said, I'd guess one of three things - one, you are not attaching properly at the base, two, you have a spoiled glue, or three, your room temp & humidity levels are too high/low.

If you don't have one already, id invest in a hydrometer, if everything's as it should be for your glue type, then I'd look at replacing your glue. Also remember to keep in mind that majority of adhesives only last 4 weeks once opened and should be stored in a cool dry place, unless manufacturer states different.
Xxxxx

If it's every client as you said, I'd guess one of three things - one, you are not attaching properly at the base, two, you have a spoiled glue, or three, your room temp & humidity levels are too high/low.

If you don't have one already, id invest in a hydrometer, if everything's as it should be for your glue type, then I'd look at replacing your glue. Also remember to keep in mind that majority of adhesives only last 4 weeks once opened and should be stored in a cool dry place, unless manufacturer states different.
Xxxxx
I think one of my problems is the lash isn't always attached at the base! Does it Matter if the tips of the lashes aren't attached? ( as lashes aren't always in the direction they are meant to be)
I've just purchased a hydrometer, just awaiting the delivery- do you know what the humidity and temp levels should be for flirties expert at all?
Thank you for your answer! Xxx

Always always always attach at the base, the tops shouldn't be attached and should be trained to sit as should, not the direction of the wonky natural lash. But if the base isn't attached, they will have no foundation to adhere to and will 100% be falling off a lot sooner than they should.
No sorry Hun, I haven't yet trailed flirties so I'm no help there, ask on another thread and you'll be sure to get an immediate answer! Goodluck xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back