Semi permanent lashes-please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel clarke

Busybee
Reaction score
Can anybody give me any advice on semi permanent lashes.. I did a course a few months ago but there were 15 in the class and left not really having a clue what to do.. So I did a 1 to 1 course a few weeks ago which I found much better... I have been practising every day for about 2 weeks now.. I'm still not great at all but I know it takes a lot of practice and I'm determined to stick at it.. I'm using blink lashes in c curl .2 thickness .. My main problem is they are just not full looking.. I'm taking about 2 hours to do a full set and at the end I can't seem to find anymore lashes to apply to but yet they still look sparse and nothing like the lovely full ones i see others doing! It's so disheartening! Could I be using the wrong lengths? I'm not really that sure what lengths go where and am just going by the length of the natural lash.. Normally 12/13 outer and moving to 11 inner.. I'm using sky glue with the black lid that takes 2/3 seconds to dry.. I don't think I'm glueing many together the odd one maybe so I can't see how I'm not getting the same fullness as others when at the end I've no lashes left to apply an extension to... I know I'm only a few weeks practising but getting so frustrated with it... Any help or advise is much Appreciated!!! Thanks so much xx

Sky glue is very quick drying and usually used by very advanced tech's. Full-ness will also be down to the clients natural lashes. if they have sparse lashes naturally then they aren't going to be hugely fuller once they have a set on, remember c curls are quite natural. Maybe try D curls, but i wouldn't go about 0.2 weight as natural lashes can't always support it. Hope you've found a solution and/or this helps, just keep practising you'll get it eventually!! x

Sky glue is very quick drying and usually used by very advanced tech's. Full-ness will also be down to the clients natural lashes. if they have sparse lashes naturally then they aren't going to be hugely fuller once they have a set on, remember c curls are quite natural. Maybe try D curls, but i wouldn't go about 0.2 weight as natural lashes can't always support it. Hope you've found a solution and/or this helps, just keep practising you'll get it eventua!! x
Sky glue is very quick drying and usually used by very advanced tech's. Full-ness will also be down to the clients natural lashes. if they have sparse lashes naturally then they aren't going to be hugely fuller once they have a set on, remember c curls are quite natural. Maybe try D curls, but i wouldn't go about 0.2 weight as natural lashes can't always support it. Hope you've found a solution and/or this helps, just keep practising you'll get it eventually!! x
thanks so much for your reply..ill keep going with the practise and hopefully will get better over time xx

Hi, Yes, it is definitely about practice. But I think a common mistake a lot of new lashers make is that they try to go for length. However, volume is just as important and to get this you have to fill with shorter lasher to fill out the base of the lashline.

This is a diagram I did a few years ago and it may help to explain it a bit better. The darker lashes would be the slightly thicker ones to give you a good outline, then fill with shorter, finer lashes

Make sure you are isolating really well too as this leaves more lashes to apply extensions to. xx

Does anyone know if chlorine affects lashes at all ? Xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back