Semi Permanent make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi All

Am thinking about doing a semi-permanent make up course. A couple of questions - is it a popular treatment as it is quite expensive (Iam looking at the Nouveau Contour training) and two do I need to be a qualified therapist to do these treatments.

Any more advice would be helpful

Heidi

It's a treatment where getting adequate insurance would be *critical* - and I would not imagine many insurance companies wanting to insure you without a recognised qualification.

So saying, once you are qualified, the fees you can charge for semi-permanent make-up are impressive - which could well make the outlay for the training worth it in the long run.

sorry

what i meant to say that I am not a qualified therapist now only a nail technician would they allow me on the course

heidi

sorry

what i meant to say that I am not a qualified therapist now only a nail technician would they allow me on the course

heidi

Sorry - my mistake! *blushes*

I guess the easiest way would be to ask Noveau Contour if it's an entry requirement for their course, as I'd imagine that once you'd done their training and got a certificate from them, that should be sufficient?

I did my training with PMC and did not have a beauty qualification. Main things are to have a steady hand and a very good eye for colour (the colour theory is pretty intense). Do your homework that it will be popular as I struggled to get clients. Also you will probably need to be licensed by your Council.

I Did my training with Finishing Touches, and i couldnt recommend them enough! they are by far the leaders of the industry.

i would say a understanding of colour is Essential. Its very Rewarding.

i wish you the best of luck:hug:

Latest posts

Back