Senior therapist giving free treatments at place of work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does her contract of employment state?
Please give very careful thought before issuing any kind of warning to her. I would suggest you contact your HR support people before doing anything. If you make even a teeny tiny procedural mistake she will have grounds for unfair/constructive dismissal.
This happened to my friend Emily, who owns an IT company, and it cost them 15K to pay her off, because they didn't have the proper processes in place.

Reading about what your senior therapist did really frustrates me because there are so many people who desperately want even an entry level job in the beauty industry and here is someone who is lucky enough to be a senior therapist who is exploiting her position of employment.

Give the job to someone who values it methinks!

The saying "familularity breeds contemp" is so true and i have now learn't the hard way.

People say the younger therapists are lazy and unloyal, but I dont find this true, both my younger staff work very hard, so eager to please and appreciate their jobs and for alot less money which is nmw, than my 40+ senoir therapist who is on a very good hourly rate.

Time to be strong and tackle this head on tomorrow morning, I have decided to give a final written warning and explain that it could be an on the spot dismissal. take all discounts of her until she can prove to me that I can trust her again.

Do you think this is fair?

Thanks again XX

I think it's worth asking yourself what you want to achieve out of the situation.

Do you feel that doing the above will encourage her to redeem herself and be a valuable member of your team or is there a risk that it could breed resentment that causes further friction later down the line?

Do you feel that you can trust her to run the salon as a senior therapist in your absence or is there someone else who could do the job better?

Latest posts

Back