Sensitive eyes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierra2006

Reaction score
Hi, I have a bit of a problem, I am currently trained and using gel nails, no problems there, however I would like to branch out and use l and p. Iv had a play with some things I got from Sallys but hoping to do cnd course.
So here's the problem, with the stuff I'v used liquid wise and some glues, my eyes stream badly to the point I have to screw them up and I can't see what I'm doing, Lol, What an idiot I must look.
My question is, do you think I have super sensitive eyes, or is the cheap nasty stuff I'v been playing with??
Does anyone else have this problem, I really want to do l and p and don't want to fall at the first hurdle.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Thanks for your replies x:irked:

Hi, I have a bit of a problem, I am currently trained and using gel nails, no problems there, however I would like to branch out and use l and p. Iv had a play with some things I got from Sallys but hoping to do cnd course.
So here's the problem, with the stuff I'v used liquid wise and some glues, my eyes stream badly to the point I have to screw them up and I can't see what I'm doing, Lol, What an idiot I must look.
My question is, do you think I have super sensitive eyes, or is the cheap nasty stuff I'v been playing with??
Does anyone else have this problem, I really want to do l and p and don't want to fall at the first hurdle.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Thanks for your replies x:irked:

Hi there, I'm really not sure as I have never come across this apart from when a student brought me in some MMA monomer to show me, and that made my eyes water lol.

It could just be that this is not for you, you could go into a salon using some well known brands and see if they would let you try it out?

xx

good advice from natalie if your eyes are sensitive to monomer maybe wear protective goggles

I wear contact lenses and have found there is no way I can do nails wearing them and have to wear glasses instead a bit of messing about with ones for long distance and cos I'm old different ones for close up work, however no more sore eyes!!

Thanks for your replies!!
Have booked some one to one with cnd and hopefully I will be able to use it without turning into a blubbering mess!!
I may resort to some sort of goggles or glasses though,
Thanks again:)

i too wear contacts but have to wear glasses when doing nails.
get yourself some funky glasses with non prescription lenses in!

TBH if CND products upset your eyes, id be very suprised, as they are one of the best, if not THE best around. Maybe it is the, like you say cheap and nasty stuff you have been having a play with. Like others have suggested glass or safety goggles (which hmmmm we should be wearing anyway..... :p ) may help allot. I hope you get on well and have fun on your 121. :)

Latest posts

Back