SEO and re-designs advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack1102

Reaction score
Hi

One for the techies...

We currently have a website Beauty Salon in Westerhope | Training in Newcastle | Gentle Hands, but are thinking about changing the design of the website. Current site has been up for 18month.

If we kept the the same page names, titles, and keywords etc, how would redesigning the website affect google rankings etc?

Would it take a while to find the site again, or is a change a good thing?

Thanks to those who take the time to reply.

Jack

I don't know much about this subject but I think change is a good thing. Not updating or changing your site every now and then makes Google think the site is less relevant or maybe even abandoned so pushes it down the rankings.

Whenever I update my site the day after my phone goes crazy, it's almost like your refreshing the google search and google picks you straight up x

If the redesign is done properly by your designer, it should have no affect at all on your rankings :)

thanks for the replies.. anyone else in the "know" about SEO/Websites would be great

Websites need to be updated regularly to continue to hit the google rankings. It's a competitive market. Sometimes links on websites break, if this happens google does not like this and it will not hit the top rankings.
Updating and adding more SEOs will help to make the website more visible on google. I'm no expert but just learnt all this having come back from a 3 day Internet marketing course .

Yea, thought it didn't matter as long as we kept same page names!

Rightly or wrongly, 'freshness' (how often the site is updated, and if it's been updated recently) is a big indicator to Google to give the site a bump. It's well worth doing, and in most instances it's worth revisiting a site if it's been 18 months since you've last reviewed it.

I'm considering the same thing can anyone recommend any good web designers?

Latest posts

Back