Separate phone for business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi all, am about to start advertising & busy sorting flyers & business cards just wondering is it best to have a separate number for the business or just use my normal mobile number also as am home based what sort of music is best to use.

I started out 12 years ago, using my mobile and had a thing called 'call sign' on my house phone which made it ring differently, so clients had a landline as well. 12 years down the line, and my mobile is now the work mobile, and I have a new number for family and friends. I would have carried on using it for both, except my daughter now works for me, and giving her the mobile to deal with requests etc was definitely the way forward. I wouldn't saddle yourself with the debt unless you want to - you can always make it the work mobile in the future!

Vicki x

Glad you asked this as this is what i have been thibking aswel

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I stared off by using my own mobile but after about 4 months got a cheep work phone could do with the silly calls at 11 pm on a Sunday night all depends what you feel is best for you x

Thanks Vicki, think I will have a separate number & see how it goes, also any suggestions on what music is best to have x

I have just the one phone for personal and business and its fine until days off and holidays come around and your phones constantly going off. I put a voice mail on when I'm on holiday and my iPhone you can "reject" calls with a message. I say when I'll be off till and messages will be answered ASAP. I sometimes think about taking out another contract for work but I already spend £45 on my one I have so don't want to spend any more money when I don't have to! Hope that's some help

I have a separate mobile, I'm glad I do, I know to answer my work phone with my business name.

I can leave it at home when I'm off, leave a voice mail greeting when I am on holiday & turn it off.

I know when its a business call or text rather than a friend.

I just use my old phone & a pay as you go SIM. I cant imagine having all my clients names & numbers in my personal phone, & not knowing when id be able to switch off from 'work' mode.

I do get the odd annoying text late at night or of a sunday evening but it will be on silent & I can reply once Im back at work.

I am mobile though. If I had a salon or home salon Id probably get a business land line for that room although I do get quite a few text enquires so id maybe have both. But defiantly separate numbers from my personal one.

Xx

Thanks Vicki, think I will have a separate number & see how it goes, also any suggestions on what music is best to have x

We actively encourage our clients to contact us 24/7, and just make sure the phone is on silent when we go to bed!

Music - you shouldn't need a music license working from home, so you can play what you like. We have iChill CD's because we don't have a music license and are a salon. I stick them on and put them on repeat, and forget about them. It makes for a very relaxing environment.
I do miss the radio sometimes - can be quite nice to listen to when doing nails, but deffo iChill or similar for relaxation.

Vicki x

I works from home and have 2 mobiles, my personal iPhone and a cheap pay as you go one for work. It works very well this way, doesn't cost me a lot as I answer more calls than I make and texting is cheap enough anyway.

Thanks for everyone's replies much appreciated :) x

Latest posts

Back