Serious problems with Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahc27

Reaction score
Hiya guys,
I was just wanting some advice! I recently completed my Gellux training through college and have built up quite a client list already! However, removing it is becoming completely ridiculous. It takes up to an hour to remove a full set and needs a lot of buffing! I've also had lots of problems with it lifting and peeling? I seal at every stage and do not understand why this happens? usually after a week or so.

I have contacted salon systems and they've not gotten back to me. I purchased some Gelish today from sally's as I've heard so much brilliant feedback on it compared to Gellux!

I'm worried that Gellux is going to damage my reputation if I continue to use it :confused:

Any feedback or tips would be brilliant, thanks!
x

Hi... I too started with Gellux, I went on the course, purchased all the equipment & polishes etc but found that the removal was very time consuming and I had to buff the nail a lot (which I hated doing). One time it took me over an hour and a half to remove it..

I have since moved to Shellac and couldn't be happier - it really does come off in 10 mins and ther is no buffing of the nail at all... Xx

Thanks moonbeam, i've got to go an repair a clients nails later as they have started to peel, i'm really un-impressed. I follow all the steps and use all the products! I purchased some Gelish yesterday and have applied it to my own nails, it looks so much shinier and seems to be lasting fine so far!
x

Ensure you step away from the cuticle some gel polishes spread back more than others and cud be just touching the cuticle and causing lifting ;)

Hi Hannah,

I use Gellux and had similar problems to you regarding removal. I now apply heat when the nails are wrapped and it comes off no problem within about 15mins - regardless of the colour - no buffing.

Honestly can't say I've had problems with lifting or peeling unless I didn't prep the nail properly (usually on myself when I'm in a rush!) or once I 'forgot' to use the Fast Bond on my friend, too busy nattering, and it peeled really quickly, and I mean a matter of hours after she'd been in the bath.

Sorry I can't help any further but I hope you find a system you enjoy working with.

T.x

Thanks ladies! It may be that it's touched the cuticle, i'll try and get to the bottom of it as I wanted to use up the rest of my gellux colours before replacing them with gelish! I have tried heated towels but they didn't do much good..
Thanks again for the speedy replies :)

I bought some gellux (the whole system, prep, cleanse e.t.c) to try as I was having problems with orly fx. I have been really impressed with it! So shiny and strong, no peeling or chips. However I do make sure to 'cleanse' the nails thoroughly using a scrubbing motion rather than a wipe over. Think this may have been the problem with my orly fx application, but isn't it really hard to return to a product once you have lost faith in it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Same here. I've been using Gellux since July and am pleased to say no problems.
I checked out the competition and wanted to see what was so good about shellac. The application is virtually the same and looks just as good as Gellux.
My clients have all been happy so far and no complaints.

Hi there,

I've been a nail tech for 10yrs And originally trained in gels. I'm loving the gels polishes & they compliment & upsell any Mani/Pedi!
I have tried: Gellish, Shellac & Jessica Geleration.

And the best I've found for volume colour and shine is Gellux.
I have found by making sure all cuticle is removed from Nail bed & applying a dehydrater to the nails before application makes a big difference in longevity. 14days!
Also painting on SUPER thin layers & using the correct 36w lamp will make all the difference and eliminate lifting.

Although we have a CND shellac account at our salon the bottles are tiny & gloop quicker than gellux. Plus there's a Capital up tHe road so works for us!

Converted Gellux user.

Hi Hannah,

I use Gellux and had similar problems to you regarding removal. I now apply heat when the nails are wrapped and it comes off no problem within about 15mins - regardless of the colour - no buffing.

Honestly can't say I've had problems with lifting or peeling unless I didn't prep the nail properly (usually on myself when I'm in a rush!) or once I 'forgot' to use the Fast Bond on my friend, too busy nattering, and it peeled really quickly, and I mean a matter of hours after she'd been in the bath.

Sorry I can't help any further but I hope you find a system you enjoy working with.

T.x

Hi,

May I ask what your heating with? I think it's a long process to remove but have been really happy with the product overall, customers are happy too :)

Thanks

What are you using to heat the nails while wrapped to remove the gel polish?

You can use heated mitts, personally I use the bean bag type heat pads you put in the microwave (sorry I forget exactly what there called) wrap the pad in a towel and place over the clients hands. I use gelish and I find that its speeds up the process slightly but isnt needed.

Thanks for the tip, prob feels nice for the client too :)

Latest posts

Back