Set of Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
After the disapointing comment I had off a client and your wonderful advice and Gigi's brush control tutorial, I tried them this morning... what do you think?

I myself have noticed a huge difference when finished with them.

Cant comment on the gel application as i dont do gel but your tips are too far down the nail..
The nails would look alot more slender if you sculpted the french yourself further up the nail. Think 1/3 white 2/3 pink when your thinking how thick to do the white if that make sense. x

cant comment on the gel application as dont do it as of yet , but what hits me in face is how wide the nail tips are down the nail bed x

I agree & feel horrible commenting negatively on anyones work but they are too wide in comparison to the clients natural nail width. The Smile line is more of a line & far too far down the nail. Also the thickness of the free edge is too thick too. :0 Would be interested to know what Gel have you used ??
Dont whatever you do get dishearted. Always strive to do better & you will soon iron out these small issues.... xx

As has been pointed out, the tips are too wide, the apex is very flat and there's too much tip. Keep going over the tutorials & practice, practice - you'll get there. :)

I agree with the others. Dont be disheartened though, it's all about the practice.

Be careful on not flooding the sidewalls as well.

Another thing to try, if you need to use tips is try natural or clear tips, and apply a white (or coloured) gel as the tip. It elongates the nail and looks much more professional.

If this is for practice then a fair attempt, if they are 'for sale' then not good enough my lovely.

You clearly want to learn and improve and the only way to do that is to do what you are doing.

Practice and show your work on this site so you can receive honest evaluation from your peers and eventually your nails will be fit for a queen.

Jacqui xx

If you have clients with such short nails i would recommend using natural tips.

If they still insist they want french use a white powder to create the smile line and use a masque powder on the nail bed.

Latest posts

Back