Setting up spray tanning at home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
I've always been mobile but am considering setting up at home, is this a good idea? The thing that concerns me is the overspray, I have always used an extractor fan but I was with another therapist the other day and she does it from home and said even though she uses an extractor (the big salon sized one) the tan still gets onto everything. Will I spend my life cleaning the house every day? Anyone with any advice please?? Many thanks.

As long as you use a desperate room maybe a spare bedroom? You can accept the fact that it will get a gradual tan build up. Tan does go everywhere but it does wipe off easily. It depends what kind of space you have to work with x

I got an extractor fan and have it on during tan and after and it defo makes a difference before could smell the tan lingering for ages. Hope that helps xx

HI, I have been spray tanning (only) from home for years. Im fortunate to have a second lounge at the front of the house I use for tanning permanently. I have a very large full size extraction booth with 3 extractor fans which is a permanent fixture, cant be moved. I use 25/30ml solution per body and in the summer have 2 large windows which are extra ventilation.
No matter what anyone tells you, you will get overspray, I do. The room has to have a full makeover once a year (luckily hubby is a painter and decorator). The laminate wooden effect flooring needs a full hot mop and clean once a week. The room has a deep clean once a month. But every Saturday I do a wipe around as well. I have very heavy dark curtains at windows which need dry cleaning every 6 months. And the inside of the windows need cleaning every 6 months. Everything gets a tint of colour about it. Even the inside of my drawer unit and the pages on my customers file are tinted brown!
As long as you are going to be working in a room specifically for tanning (if you plan to be busy) then you will cope and get into a cleaning weekly/monthly/6 monthly routine of what needs doing. My clients would love me to offer other beauty treatments, but there is no way I could from the same room without contaminating it with overspray. Depends how busy you are tanning though as well, you may be ok.
Im very fussy about the cleanliness of my room and the booth, you don't have to be to save yourself a couple of hrs every week. But I know my customers notice and comment.
The solution even gets into the woodwork over the years. It took my hubby 5 coats on the wooden mantelpiece/fire surround and it then took 5 days to dry completely! I have leather wipe down chairs for clients waiting in the room as these also get a fine layer of overspray on them.
Keep the room simple, minimal, and as cleaner friendly as poss! Best move I ever made working from a private tanning room at home, Im always open when Salons aren't etc...and with 5 children its a god send at time. You can certainly make it work for you, best of luck x

Latest posts

Back