Severely damaged bleached hair treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy020913

Reaction score
hi just wondering what treatments / hair care range everyone uses for really damaged beached and heat damaged hair . I've come across kerastase architect , aphogee , redkin and joico .

What do you all use and consider the best to help alongside regular trimming and staying away from heat ?

Are you using olaplex? It's all fine working on the outside of the hair but if the inside needs repairing as soon as you start to colour again you could be back to square one!

What's your current routine and products you use including for when your drying and using heat tools?

I would start with Olaplex stand alone treatments followed by protein and moisture treatments!!!

I've been getting an olaplex once a week to no avail and it's always been in whatever colour has been used too. I've always used kerastase . My current routine .

Olaplex no 3 night before washing hair . Into dry hair and put warm hat on for 30 mins . Then sleep in it

Kérastase Resistance Therapiste Bain Shampoo x 2
Squeeze out excess water
Kérastase Resistance Therapiste Masque - leave for 5 mins

Squeeze out excess water
Moroccan oil
KÉRASTASE DISCIPLINE KERATIN THERMIQUE CREME

Leave to air dry 90%
Smooth with hairdryer & paddle brush

Kérastase Resistance Therapiste Serum

Straighten with GHD ( only go over section once )

I do this twice a week . Other than that I tie my hair up . If I leave it to dry naturally it ends up in a wavey , frizzy , dry , fried sheep head mess

I don't know what more I can do ? Can I improve my products maybe ?

My hair is really really getting me down and although I've got my qualifications I have been out the game too long to know what's what in the product world now :(

[edited to correct font problems]

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't notice a difference to how your hair feels with olaplex as its working on the inside so keep at that.

Is your hair quiet dry naturally with you saying if you leave it it goes frizzy?

If you use too much of a protein product you will be noticing it's going brittle and snapping. I'm really not familiar with the kerastase products and the links don't really give much info of what's in the products so if this is a protein based product this could be causing it and you need to switch to a moisture based product.

It's getting the right balance between both moisture and protein products combined with olaplex and you will notice a difference x

I think it is on the dry size naturally tbh . It's got a wave to it too so when I leave it to dry naturally it's always fuzzed up . Hubby calles me a sheep head ! Now it's damaged its even worse because you can't even see there is a wave there it's just a ball of electrocuted yellow candy floss . I can't recall anything in my training that covered hair damaged to this point .

If it's candy floss like nothing you do will help it its just going to have to come off I'm afraid

It's largely the top layers . I'm going to have it cut tomorrow so I am hoping a trim off the length then a good chop at the layers will help .

Olaplex now has live chat. Many great educators to help. Thanks Olaplex
FB_IMG_1472257527542.jpg

I swear by Aphogee, many people have never heard of this but its the best I have ever used. The two step protein treatment is amazing and I also use the two minute re-constructor - The price is unbelievable too! I came across this product via YouTube when an impartial reviewer spoke about the products on her youtube channel - Her name is Luxeria. It leaves your hair in fabulous condition. I bleach my hair every 4 - 6 weeks and this does wonders for my hair :) x

We use olaplex in our salon and it's a must!! Are you only using the no3 or are you getting stand alone treatments too?
If you're having stand alone treatments too, I would probably go for a moisturising shampoo and conditioner I absolutely love tigi bed head recovery! But joico is amazing too!!
Joico k pak 4 part reconstruction kit is brilliant too!! If the olaplex isn't helping then I'm afraid nothing will :/

Latest posts

Back