Shadez or LA tanning starter deal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychick

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! Can anyone tell me what deal they think is better......
Both companies are offering a starter package of a tent, 3 litres of solution & a machine for roughly the same price. LA Tanning's machine is a 5008 and the Shazes one doesnt say what model but looks like the 'pig' I've read about on here!
What do you experienced geeks think is the better deal? I am just starting out & will be doing tans nights & w/ends so the machine wont be getting overused.

All advice appreciated
Baby C x

2 therapists i know have gone for shadez tan is quite cheap and they've loved it!

go for the 5008 its got 3 spare cups has the same workings as the t200 and will save you buying an upgrade the pig is not as good a machine i have been involved in repair and maintanence of hvlp machines for years:smack: ask any of the distributors on here the 5008 is the new market leader and is affordable its far better to buy right than buy twice! it will work with anybodys solution so dont get sucked in by the hype of the big boys if you decide to use shazez at a later date it will still work in any machine. shop around dont jump in head first solution manufacturers tend to push machines onto customers because of availability and profit margin rather than quality and ease of use we sell the 5008 because its easy to use totally reliable and is the best machine to make our solution go along way

Last edited:
go for the 5008 its got 3 spare cups has the same workings as the t200 and will save you buying an upgrade the pig is not as good a machine i have been involved in repair and maintanence of hvlp machines for years:smack: ask any of the distributors on here the 5008 is the new market leader and is affordable its far better to buy right than buy twice! it will work with anybodys solution so dont get sucked in by the hype of the big boys if you decide to use shazez at a later date it will still work in any machine. shop around dont jump in head first solution manufacturers tend to push machines onto customers because of availability and profit margin rather than quality and ease of use we sell the 5008 because its easy to use totally reliable and is the best machine to make our solution go along way

I would tend to agree with Steve in so far as machine choice is concerned...nothing to do with the two brands mentioned and or the solutions they supply who both are reputable companies in their own right.

If the two packages are similarly priced the HV5008 would be my preferred option.

The little piggy is fine for low volume spray tan applications but is likely to need to be upgraded down line if business gets busy whereas the HV5008 can cope with a lot more volume spray tanning...if the business really takes off you can upgrade the existing HV5008 gun to the pro gun which is pretty good.
HTH :hug:

Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice guys (and gals!)....you've helped make up my mind what one to go for!
This site is great for ppl like me starting out. No doubt I'll be on constantly for advice when I start up! Thanks again xx

Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice guys (and gals!)....you've helped make up my mind what one to go for!
This site is great for ppl like me starting out. No doubt I'll be on constantly for advice when I start up! Thanks again xx

good luck with whatever machine you finally go for and with your new business venture :hug:

Latest posts

Back