Shaky hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else?

How do you deal with it?

I get SO embarrassed when it happens to me and then I start to feel under SO much pressure...I don't know what to do about it :confused:

i take a sachet of sugar in a little water and that steadys the hands in a few mins x

It's something I've suffered with since I was young!
My first treatment was lashing and I really struggled at first. Was worse when I was stressed or nervous. I gradually 'trained' myself to work against my shakes so I could lash. I would be exhausted when I finished a client, and had terrible stress on my hand, but after probably about 6 months it isn't even noticinle when I lash.
Nails was much harder as you're being watched and people would comment which made my shaking worse.
But again it gets better with time, but it is so exhausting. You put so much effort into not shaking that when you finish you're a wreck.

I do suffer from fluctuating sugar levels and find eating snacks regularly helps (bananas are brill) so it might be worth getting a blood test to check your own sugar levels to rule out any health issues.

Don't worry though, it does get better as you find lots of ways to compensate for shaking :)
I still do it but it doesn't affect me now :)

you need to learn balance point positioning , resting your pinkys on there hand or your opisit hand to stedy your self is one way ,

sitting with your feet flat on the floor knees together will help ,

if you look at some of the educator videos on you tube and watch there hands and finger positions as they work you will notice it ,

its something that is not normaly tought , it shuld be though
:)

as there is more to it than just holding a brush .

I have a thyroid problem and I shake to the point that its quite obvious. Especially if I haven't eaten in a bit. I have just learned to work with it (and eat more often). I don't care if people notice or comment, I just say that it's the way I am and that its not nerves. I guess I'm just used to it. I know that doesn't help you, but just wanted to say that you're not alone :)

I always get the shakes, especially if I haven't eaten in a while so I always make sure that I have a snack, something sugary before I go the a client. That helps a bit. But also I am starting to get used to it and even with the shaky hands I am trying to position my hands to get maximum control. I guess you just have to try and see what works for you..

It's something I've suffered with since I was young!
My first treatment was lashing and I really struggled at first. Was worse when I was stressed or nervous. I gradually 'trained' myself to work against my shakes so I could lash. I would be exhausted when I finished a client, and had terrible stress on my hand, but after probably about 6 months it isn't even noticinle when I lash.
Nails was much harder as you're being watched and people would comment which made my shaking worse.
But again it gets better with time, but it is so exhausting. You put so much effort into not shaking that when you finish you're a wreck.

I do suffer from fluctuating sugar levels and find eating snacks regularly helps (bananas are brill) so it might be worth getting a blood test to check your own sugar levels to rule out any health issues.

Don't worry though, it does get better as you find lots of ways to compensate for shaking :)
I still do it but it doesn't affect me now :)

Doing someone's lashes whilst having shaky hands must be awful...but yes I've always kinda had shaky hands too...it just seems to intensify while I'm with a client though! :eek:

you need to learn balance point positioning , resting your pinkys on there hand or your opisit hand to stedy your self is one way ,

sitting with your feet flat on the floor knees together will help ,

if you look at some of the educator videos on you tube and watch there hands and finger positions as they work you will notice it ,

its something that is not normaly tought , it shuld be though
:)

as there is more to it than just holding a brush .

I do balance point positioning...thats the only thing that helps me....and stops me from getting polish all over client! God knows what I'd be like without doing it...I'd dread to think! :eek:

I have a thyroid problem and I shake to the point that its quite obvious. Especially if I haven't eaten in a bit. I have just learned to work with it (and eat more often). I don't care if people notice or comment, I just say that it's the way I am and that its not nerves. I guess I'm just used to it. I know that doesn't help you, but just wanted to say that you're not alone :)

I should be like that...but instead I try to hide it, which of course makes it 100x worse!!!...

I always get the shakes, especially if I haven't eaten in a while so I always make sure that I have a snack, something sugary before I go the a client. That helps a bit. But also I am starting to get used to it and even with the shaky hands I am trying to position my hands to get maximum control. I guess you just have to try and see what works for you..

Do you find something sugary helps? Does it not make you have a sugar rush too?

I get it when my sugar drops (diabetic).

I just make sure I've properly ate before each client and check my sugar. (Which I obviously have to do anyway)

It normally settles it. Most people when they see me shaking comment on how they shake when they paint their own nails.

Try Rescue Remedy from the chemist....works a treat :hug:

Do you find something sugary helps? Does it not make you have a sugar rush too?

No, I find that snack really does the job ;)

Try Rescue Remedy from the chemist....works a treat :hug:

I've totally forgotten about that...I used to use it years ago to calm my nerves etc! Thanks for the reminder! I will get some tomorrow! x:idea:

I have this problem too, I'm a student in both Beauty Level 2 & Training in Laser Hair removal at the same time. I was in college yesterday carried out an file and polish and couldn't steady my hand properly which ended up a lot of tidy up time. Holding the laser hair machine isn't a problem as I can steady my hand in a certain position which isn't suitable for doing polish and the likes!

Any advice for me would me much appreciated! (I've tried rescue remedy, and not much effect!)
Xx

Sounds like nerves to me. Remember to breathe, out and in! So often when we are concentrating and under pressure we inhale and forget to exhale. It always helps me.

Sounds like nerves to me. Remember to breathe, out and in! So often when we are concentrating and under pressure we inhale and forget to exhale. It always helps me.

In my position, I'm not nervous well at least don't feel it, so maybe it's something underlining?

Sorry to bring this up again, but I thought that I'd over come this issue I was having...I started using Rescue Remedy and it was working.

However I started renting a place on Friday and I'm SOOOOO nervous, I can't even control it. I'm not even a nervous person.

I'm to the point where I feel like my heart is almost beating out of my chest1 Oh gosh!:eek:

Sorry to bring this up again, but I thought that I'd over come this issue I was having...I started using Rescue Remedy and it was working.

However I started renting a place on Friday and I'm SOOOOO nervous, I can't even control it. I'm not even a nervous person.

I'm to the point where I feel like my heart is almost beating out of my chest1 Oh gosh!:eek:

aww bless you, try larch it is a herbel liquid for confidence, not meaning you dont have confidence but it might help, its for if you dont have confidence at a certain skill. i have used rescue remedy and larch its marvelous stuff. worth a try.

Latest posts

Back