Shampoo and conditioner for freelance stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyb

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need advice from the wealth of knowledge here . How do you freelance guys get over the need to carry so many shampoos out on the road ? Do you carry one for every hair type or do you use a universal one to suit all types . I so don't want to have 5 different shampoo and conditioners in my kit to lug about :eek:

Hi everyone. I need advice from the wealth of knowledge here . How do you freelance guys get over the need to carry so many shampoos out on the road ? Do you carry one for every hair type or do you use a universal one to suit all types . I so don't want to have 5 different shampoo and conditioners in my kit to lug about :eek:

When I was freelance, I would look in my book and if I had an afro-Caribbean client and then later a fine hair typed lady, I would just take them 2 products with me. It saves lugging it all about as you say, so if your client says '' I want highlights, and I need a good cut as my ends are bad, and it takes forever to blow-dry'' you then pick a shampoo and conditioner for her hair, something moisturizing and protein based :)

I went to the pound shop and bought a kit of empty travel bottles, there was enough for 2/3 shampoo's per bottle. That way I could fit my "arsenal" in my bag and not think about who had what until
I got there. Worked great as I don't drive, already had 2 large kit bags and have always bought in the large bottles of around 1000ml or even bigger. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back