Shampoo & conditioner recommendations for greasy hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
I'm struggling with my hair lately. It's fine, coloured and highlighted but get v greasy so I have to wash it every day.

Even though I have a permanent colour in, it seems to wash out after a few weeks. I find a lot of shampoo and conditioner are too heavy for my fair and it feels sticky afterwards despite thoroughly rinsing.

Looking for recommendations for brands to try. Thanks

Do you shampoo twice and only condition the ends

I shampoo once and only condition the ends yes.

What brand are you using now?

Hey treacle, your hair will be going greasy partly due to over washing, mainly due to products and the rest possibly washing technique.

Every strand of hair has a sebaceous gland which produces sebum (grease) everytime was brush, move, come, style, the wind moves our hair, anything, so washing it daily is actually the worst thing to do... Catch 22 as they say.

The main point will be your products, are you using salon pro or highstreet? I'd recommend joico bodylux, also matrix amplify. Joico replace you amino acids keeping your hair healthy helping to keep your colour truer for longer too.

Over washing your hair will make your colour fade, on average people wash their hair every 2-3 days. Meaning in 2 weeks thats just 7 or 4 time com paired to your 14, so they're colour will last longer. I find my colour last the longest ever, but still will fade with washing.

Always shampoo twice first time doesn't get all the oil. Also try not to overly touch your hair or always wash your hand as they are very oily. Do you have oily skin?

Hi, I found a massive difference recently when I picked up a silicon free version of my usual brand. My fine hair also lost that cardboardy texture presumably from the silicon coating. I also found a difference with not putting mousse on.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back