Shampoo for Sensitive Skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
Hi all!

My daughter has patches of eczema on her legs and she also seems to have spotty patches on her back just below her shoulders. I am wondering if the shoulder issues are to do with her shampoo where it runs down her back when rinsing.

She uses the dreaded Pantene!

Can anyone suggest a suitable shampoo and conditioner for her to use. I dont want anything too pricey are she doesnt know the meaning of small amount LOL.

I was considering a baby shampoo but not sure if there is something better. She is 14.

Not baby shampoo! Any of the cheaper salon ranges are fine. Maybe look at bedhead?

Spots on shoulders where the hair is? Worth checking for headlice.

Her hair is shorter than her shoulders. I check regularly for headlice anyway so know it is not that.

Have a look at your local hairdressing salons, that do Goldwell products they do a foam shampoo for senstive scalp, my mum has psoriassis on her scalp and she said it sooths it.
goldwell scalp specailist sensitive dual senses.

it probably wont be cheap but it has the best ingredients.
alos try Dermalogica shine therapy shampoo, i love it and you only need a small amount, dermalogica use a lot of herbs in their products.
again, wont be cheap.

please dont use baby shampoo, it is highly alKaline

please dont use baby shampoo, it is highly alKaline

Thanks to you and Dawn for your input.

Not being a hair geek what is the upshot of a shampoo being too alkaline?

If you use an alkaline shampoo you get a chemical reaction on the scalp which is acidic. Constant stripping of this acid mantle will lead to scaly, irritated scalp. It will make it very dry and tight feeling. Think soap on your face. Also caused cradle cap in babies.

The effect on the hair is to swell it slightly at every wash.On long hair that has been repeatedly washed with baby shampoo, the ends look "glassy" and feel thinner. The hair will be progressively tanglier down the shaft. The ends go light coloured. Eventually the ends break, giving the impression that the hair will not grow.

Latest posts

Back