Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Geeks,

Have any of you used Sharpie's on your clients? If so, what are their reactions?

And do you get a good effect from using them?

Oil based ones I think (they the ones I got anyway!)

Thanks! Giving them a go tomorrow on a co worker....can't wait💅

*just back from rummaging through the drawers for the sharpie I use for marking up mic cables at gigs*

Right, I have been avoiding this thread as I knew it was going to cost me lol. But, I could no longer hide my curiosity. I have just read the whole thread (no, I dont have anything better to do) & am now all set for a frenzied sharpie shopping extravganza tomorrow.
I blame you all for the fact that I am adding more to my nail art collection & also depleting my bank account. My new shellacs & additives are just not enough for this month :)

Right, I have been avoiding this thread as I knew it was going to cost me lol. But, I could no longer hide my curiosity. I have just read the whole thread (no, I dont have anything better to do) & am now all set for a frenzied sharpie shopping extravganza tomorrow.
I blame you all for the fact that I am adding more to my nail art collection & also depleting my bank account. My new shellacs & additives are just not enough for this month :)

Gosh, I know it! I was just thinking I should start buying things that I really need, not things that I just want. Yeah, that lasted about 10 minutes..lol

I did my Jessica Rabbits with Sharpies...
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362092155.907112.jpg

I managed to get the Silver Sharpie for about £2 in Asda........ And go, geeks!
:lol:

I did my Jessica Rabbits with Sharpies...
View attachment 29476

These are fab! What have you used them on?
I used some stabilo pens (not sure on spelling but the orange striped pens) over shellac but they didn't seem to take very well :/ not sure where I went wrong so must read back through this thread!

These are fab! What have you used them on?
I used some stabilo pens (not sure on spelling but the orange striped pens) over shellac but they didn't seem to take very well :/ not sure where I went wrong so must read back through this thread!

Awwwww thanks. They're Bio Sculpture extensions with Gelicure over the top. I used Sweet Dreams to do her face and used a red Sharpie for her hair and lips, and a black Sharpie to do the details of her face. I let it dry for about 20 minutes and then sealed it with Gelicure topcoat.

Has anyone else found that gelish TIO smudges sharpie designs? I've tried leaving it to dry for a while but it still smudges?! Maybe I just need to practice 'floating' my TIO?

OH MY GOD ..... I cant believe i've had a sharpie pen sat in my top desk for writing colour names on pops & i havent thought about putting it on nails like this thread. :grr:

I love playing with nail art, i use Gelish & have got soooo many colours, doodle with them, then loads of glitters, gems, stickers, 3D stuff & have just got some CND Additives to play with & there's STILL more stuff that i havent even thought about yet.

THIS is why i love nails & THIS is why, tomorrow on the way to work i'll be popping into Asda to look at their Sharpie range !!

Salon Geek & more importnatly .... Sharpie thread people .... I LOVE YOU :Love:

Thanks! Giving them a go tomorrow on a co worker....can't wait💅

I would not use oil based on skin. It is not safe. Water based is safer.

I've just been looking for some pens online & rereading the thread about which is best, oil based or not.

Seems that everywhere is sold out of Oil based Sharpie pens .... does it have to be oil based for the best results ??

I'm really struggling to get Oil based but can get the normal Sharpie Markers no probs.

Just done these with a sharpie x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363630680.412241.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363630680.412241.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,011

Latest posts

Back