Shatter polish over the likes of Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
I have just started polish pro on paying Clients, having trialled it on myself, family and friends for long enough to be confident and iron out any problems.

Am doing one of my Guinea Pigs tomorrow and she has asked if she can have the scarlet polish pro with black crackle polish over the top. BUT she doesn't want the crackle polish for the full two weeks.

I was thinking of doing the base coat, 2 x colour coats, crackle and then the top coat. Although now I've written that down there would still be a tack layer on the colour so maybe the crackle polish wouldn't work on that anyway.

If I did the polish pro base coat, 2 x colour and top coat would the crackle polish work ontop of the top coat, maybe with an ordinary polish top coat over that, and then the crackle could be removed with a non acetone remover to just leave the scarlet polish pro?

Am I overthinking this :lol:

I have just started polish pro on paying Clients, having trialled it on myself, family and friends for long enough to be confident and iron out any problems.

Am doing one of my Guinea Pigs tomorrow and she has asked if she can have the scarlet polish pro with black crackle polish over the top. BUT she doesn't want the crackle polish for the full two weeks.

I was thinking of doing the base coat, 2 x colour coats, crackle and then the top coat. Although now I've written that down there would still be a tack layer on the colour so maybe the crackle polish wouldn't work on that anyway.

If I did the polish pro base coat, 2 x colour and top coat would the crackle polish work ontop of the top coat, maybe with an ordinary polish top coat over that, and then the crackle could be removed with a non acetone remover to just leave the scarlet polish pro?

Am I overthinking this :lol:

I don't know anything about crackle polish, so I can't say. You could try it over a tip or color pop, though, and see if it will work. I agree that removing with Non-Acetone should be fine. Please let us know how it turned out. Thanks!

My understanding is that the crackle glazes work by chemical reaction of an emulsion type paint over a gloss paint. The crackles do not work on gel polish.

You would have to apply an ordinary topcoat after you have finished the gel polish and then apply the crackle glaze to that and then another ordinary topcoat. If your client wants to remove it with acetone free polish remover a few days later, it should not damage the gel polish.

My understanding is that the crackle glazes work by chemical reaction of an emulsion type paint over a gloss paint. The crackles do not work on gel polish.

You are quite right! Crackle glazes do not work over gel polish, as I have learnt :lol:

Luckily before I started with the polish pro I did a sample nail with a similar coloured red and the black crackle over the top, which worked. Took it off, applied the polish pro, then the crackle, which just morphed into a big grey smear! We had a good laugh about sporting the new slug look and how it was so going to be next years thing.

Ended up assuming that the crackle only crackles over another polish and so we got there in the end.

You live and learn!

Latest posts

Back