Shaved eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly'smanicure

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have a regular client who comes to me for Manicures, she asked my advice as she has shaved her eyebrows for years and drawn them in, now she wants to let then grow but they grow back unruly. I thought i would ask if anyone could give me some advice for her. Is it just a matter of letting them grow and pluck the stray hairs?
thanks

If it were me, I'd say to client, let them grow and do NOT touch til you have enough to do an entire wax/shape. I did this for a friend who's brows were way too short. She grew them for a month so I had something substancial to work with, I did a wax and shape, let them grow again for another month and same again. Within 3 months she has perfect brows! I said to her, would you put a Mona Lisa in a pound shop frame? Brows frame face etc etc ad nauseam...

Brilliant analogy there with Mona Lisa - I will steal that!
I would also warn the client that she will have really unruly brows for a while but that it should be worth the wait, you may find that they never quite behave themselves again (brows are funny like that once shaved - never behaved!) but will still be a bid improvement on the former look!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have a regular client who comes to me for Manicures, she asked my advice as she has shaved her eyebrows for years and drawn them in, now she wants to let then grow but they grow back unruly. I thought i would ask if anyone could give me some advice for her. Is it just a matter of letting them grow and pluck the stray hairs?
thanks

They often don't grow properly after shaving but I would remove all hairs that you can see are not going to be in the final shape.

Trim down any brows that are long so they are low and neat.

She will see the start of a new shape taking form.

Advise her not to touch them again until she returns to you. This maybe anywhere from 2 -4 weeks depending on how fast they grow.

It may take 3 or 4 visits to you before she has a whole brow again at which time you should suggest tinting them.

Some brows may not grow back again but all you can do is wait and see and manage them as they are.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back