Shedding hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHairdressing

Reaction score
Hiya guys just a quick question iv always toned and colour extensions if needed but this one time I toner the hair like I had done in previous occasions and it has been dropping out like in clumps I out it in 2 weeks ago and my client can't even wear her hair down she lots that much as in shedding. Has anyone experienced this?

Is it your usual supplier? Do you mind me asking where from? Are they stick tips or loops please?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeh studio 58 iv coloured there hair before with no problem. And nail tips

So nothing different to usual then no?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

No nothing iv coloured there hair before this hair was blobde and didnt even colour it was just a purple tiner and this has happened. Iv been doin extensions 2 years and never come across it

Extensions aren't meant to be coloured.

On your profile it doesn't say your a hairdresser. You shouldn't be colouring or toning extensions. Without being a hairdresser you don't know why or how colouring chemicals work, how to mix, timing etc. it sounds like the hair is over processed.

If you complain to the company I doubt they'll refund

I am a hairdresser and have been hairdressing for 3 years. I will update my profile

hi i have a salon in new jersey name as hoboken salon in hoboken city pls vist

I am a hairdresser and have been hairdressing for 3 years. I will update my profile

What did you put on them?
We're they ok when you were tutting them?
How's the client looking after them? Has she coloured them?

It's probably the colouring . It's caused the bonds/glue to break down x

I didnt put the colour on the bonds. We used loreal toning conditioner the purple one and thats it. Felt fine when we did it

I didnt put the colour on the bonds. We used loreal toning conditioner the purple one and thats it. Felt fine when we did it

So no colour just conditioner. Get in touch with the company and see what they say. Maybe she's done something else to them

Hi there I have just had 2 clients complaining of shedding from sjk luxury hair (one stick tips one pre bonds) and I'm at a total loss! Neither girl has had their hair coloured and both are clients of mine for 3+ yrs and never had an issue, in fact always got much longer out the hair than I would have imagined. Has anyone else experienced this with sjk? They suggested it was down to aftercare but I know with these ladies it definitely isn't xxx

I have experienced it with both stick tips and luxury with SJK. Not ordered from them in a while though so it may be better now x

Just go with studio 58, they never shed x

sjk never shed on me and I am with them a few years x

Latest posts

Back