Shellac and eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi I have a client that has had shellac with me for a while without any problems. Now that the winter is drawing in her eczema is flaring up and she is using an emollient cream. Her shellac is now only lasting a week and I'd place my bets that the emollient is the cause. It may be that she just needs to use her solar oil and get her eczema under control for a while but preferably she would obviously rather shellac her nails to enhance their appearance while her hands are red and patchy. Does anyone know of a way that she can still have shellac without the lifting problems? Any experience with this problem would be helpful.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I have a client that has had shellac with me for a while without any problems. Now that the winter is drawing in her eczema is flaring up and she is using an emollient cream. Her shellac is now only lasting a week and I'd place my bets that the emollient is the cause. It may be that she just needs to use her solar oil and get her eczema under control for a while but preferably she would obviously rather shellac her nails to enhance their appearance while her hands are red and patchy. Does anyone know of a way that she can still have shellac without the lifting problems? Any experience with this problem would be helpful.

Simple solution ... Let Solar Oil be her emollient! Solar oil is brilliant for eczema suffers. It takes down the inflammation and stops the itching and many many clients use it regularly for eczema. She can also use her emollient, along with Solar Oil, and apply the cream sparingly to just the affected areas rather than all over her hands. She should not have any problems with that. She can purchase an 8oz refill size SolarOil from you if she loves it ... It really is very good for eczema.

Glad to hear that Geeg :) I did hope the miracle of Solar oil alone would be enough. Is there anything this liquid gold can't be used for!

Glad to hear that Geeg :) I did hope the miracle of Solar oil alone would be enough. Is there anything this liquid gold can't be used for!

I've come across very few things that "The Miracle in a BOTTLE" can't make better. Relating to the other thread, all the Spa Manicure products are based on Solar Oil as a core ingredient.

The reason it helps eczema is that Solar Oil has a natural anti-inflammatory action so any red skin patches are almost immediately soothed by it which in turn calms the itching and therefore the stress related with that ... Solar Oil is not a cure for eczema but it breaks the viscous circle of redness .. Itching ... Stress. I hope she finds it a miracle for her.

Solar oil has worked wonders on my eczema, it's not cleared up my no means but it's not red, itchy or sore any more :) I use it really regularly as a hand oil, only need a few drops and found it to be most beneficial!
On an very off topic note
The only thing I've found solar oil is not suitable for is dry lips lol!! I had really dry lips an decided solar oiling them would be worth a try considering it helps the dry skin in my hands.... Oh no bad move my lips swelled up instantly, worse but to was I was doing a wedding fair promoting my services! Wasn't a good look! I attach a photo for your amusement! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384352675.754789.jpg
Oops won't be doing that again lol!! Xxxx

OMG, that looks awful x

On my goodness ... That looks like a bad reaction to something.

I use Solar Oil around my eyes, to remove my eye make up and for my lips and skin moisturiser every day .... Mind you that isn't to say that someone couldn't react to something in it but what? It's very fine grade botanical oils plus a little fragrance. I wonder why your lips would swell but other parts of your body not?
Something else on your fingers maybe. Whatever, it is very un usual to see that and I hope you are recovered from it now.

I remember when I was about 16, my lips did just the same thing and there was I trying to impress this guy that I fancied at the weekend. Lord, I never went out for three straight days and never got to impress anyone. I never knew what caused it ... Never got to the bottom of it at all. Thank goodness it's never happened again!

On my goodness ... That looks like a bad reaction to something.

I use Solar Oil around my eyes, to remove my eye make up and for my lips and skin moisturiser every day .... Mind you that isn't to say that someone couldn't react to something in it but what? It's very fine grade botanical oils plus a little fragrance. I wonder why your lips would swell but other parts of your body not?
Something else on your fingers maybe. Whatever, it is very un usual to see that and I hope you are recovered from it now.

I remember when I was about 16, my lips did just the same thing and there was I trying to impress this guy that I fancied at the weekend. Lord, I never went out for three straight days and never got to impress anyone. I never knew what caused it ... Never got to the bottom of it at all. Thank goodness it's never happened again!

Oh no! So you never found out what caused it? I was mortified especially considering I was at a wedding fair, I think people took one look at me and swiftly moved away!
It's funny isn't it, I use it everywhere else bar my lips now as I'm to terrified to try it again lol! I find solar oil brilliant for everything but my lips. I thought maybe there was an ingredient in it that wasn't meant to be put near the mouth so I never told anyone what caused it as I thought they'd all think I was rather strange for putting it on my lips to start with lol! It's good to know it can be used with out causing the lips to swell though, it must just be me 😊 xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back